Partnering gets Personal at the 2018 EMEA Partner Summit
Some companies have thousands of partners, but that’s not the case at Ciena. We have a much smaller community of partners that we go much deeper with, which leads to truly personal relationships.
This approach to partnering gave rise to the theme at this year’s EMEA Partner Summit in Athens: “Partnering is Personal…adapt yourself”. This year was all about building the kind of in-depth, personal relationships that help us build new, mutually beneficial go-to-market propositions and deliver unique value for our customers in collaboration with each other.
For us, the real key to making partnering personal is the willingness to listen, and then to adapt. First, we all need to adapt to new technologies such as network function virtualisation (NFV) and network automation that differentiate our offering and help our customers achieve their business goals. Second, we have to adapt to new business models in a far more complex eco-system required to deliver on-demand services helping to generate new revenue streams and reduce operating costs for our end customers. And third, we need to adapt to each other… each other’s businesses, cultures, and people to strengthen collaboration and create new opportunities based on both our individual and collective USPs.
This year was all about building the kind of in-depth, personal relationships that help us build new, mutually beneficial go-to-market propositions and deliver unique value for our customers in collaboration with each other.
Ciena’s Adaptive Network and what it means for our Partners
Building on the theme of personal, adaptive partnerships, the Partner Summit was a great opportunity to showcase Ciena’s Adaptive Network vision. In particular, we looked at how our roadmap towards fully programmable, intent-based, self-scaling networks creates a wide range of new opportunities for our partners.
The key elements of the Ciena Adaptive Network – software control and automation; programmable infrastructure; and analytics and intelligence – were the focus for our keynote speakers. Presentations outlined the many ways Ciena Partners can benefit from supporting customers Adaptive Network journeys across key activities such as consultancy, planning, solution design, deployment, analytics, and more.
Providing unique capabilities in terms of network automation, intelligence, and scale, Ciena’s Adaptive Network enables us, and our partners, to create uniquely compelling propositions to the market and achieve great business outcomes.
Congratulations to this year’s award winners!
As always, the Partner Summit award ceremony was a great opportunity to honour some of our most innovative and committed partners:
- Congratulations to Willcom, our “Innovation Partner of the Year”, who wowed the judges with their use of Ciena Blue Planet orchestration software to deliver e-access wholesale Ethernet services for customers.
- Dimension Data Italy was also a winner in the “Breakthrough Deal of the Year” category, creating a new stream of business with a resilient, redundant data center interconnect solution linking three sites.
- Kapsch was named “Diverse Partner of the Year” for its achievements delivering a wide range of innovative, Ciena-powered network solutions across the entire portfolio having success in multiple countries and industries.
- Colt also won the award for “Managed Service Provider Partner of the Year” for its exceptional success in rolling out ultra-high-bandwidth services delivered over Ciena solutions across three continents.
- Finally, but by no means least, Telindus took the title of “SI/VAR Partner of the Year” for its leading performance as a Ciena solution provider and service partner in Europe. Telindus is always ready to discuss new strategies and business models and its major wins in DCI with encryption contributing hugely to wins in new and diverse verticals.
A big thank you to everyone...
All that remains is to thank everyone who helped to make the Ciena Partner Summit such a resounding success and that is due to our dedicated and committed partners. The event may be over, but we are looking forward to engaging with you and having the kinds of personalised, collaborative conversations that help us deliver the best customer network transformation experiences together.
Remember, we’re serious about making partnering personal, and we truly believe that together we can make a difference and drive even greater success across our organisations in the future. Please reach out and let us know how we can help you achieve even more with Ciena.
Thank you. Your comment has been received and should appear on the blog shortly.