Eletronet Collaborates with Ciena for High-Speed and Cost-Effective Data Transport
Eletronet has selected Ciena’s (NYSE: CIEN) converged packet optical solution to launch new wavelength services across its national backbone network for wholesale, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and webscale companies. Enabled by high-performance capacity of a 100G network that scales to 250G, Eletronet can deliver flexible and reliable high-bandwidth, multi-site connectivity and bundled Internet Protocol (IP) services to its customers across Brazil.
- Eletronet is currently one of the largest providers of connectivity to ISPs in the Brazilian market, supplying high-speed data transport over its national optical ground wire (OPGW) fiber optic network that consists of more than 16,000 kilometers across Brazil’s 18 states. As part of the country’s modernization project, Eletronet aims to provide connectivity to all communities it serves.
- With Ciena’s 6500 Packet-Optical Platform, Eletronet can reach up to 22 Tbps of capacity, enabling the company to have the fastest express route in Brazil. Eletronet can deliver up to 10 GbE as well as 100 GbEwavelengths to transport larger amounts of data across longer distances. The new network lays the foundation for Eletronet to support their customers in the deployment of future services such as virtualization and Software Defined Networking (SDN) applications.
- Additionally, as a member of the Ciena Partner Program, Eletronet collaborates with Ciena to address new customer verticals and design new, innovative services.
- “As we thought about what we wanted a 100G network to achieve, it was key to provide both the lowest network latency on the market as well as establish direct routes to customers that would allow for rapid activation of services. By tapping Ciena’s expertise in the converged packet-optical industry, our network has become more agile, enabling us to expand connectivity further throughout Brazil.”
- Anderson Jacopetti, Chief Technology Officer, Eletronet
- “Ciena’s packet-optical technology lays the foundation for Eletronet’s nationwide 100G network. Due to the programmable nature of these solutions, Eletronet can consistently assess the demands being placed on the network at any given time and dynamically adjust capacity as needed. This provides the cornerstone of an adaptive network that can proactively respond to changes in the network environment.”
- Fabio Medina, Vice President and General Manager of CALA, Ciena
Eletronet has a national OPGW-based fiber optic network with more than 16 thousand km, 155 POPs in 18 States of Brazil, integrated to the transmission networks of electric energy. Through this structure of high capacity and availability, telecommunication services with high levels of quality are provided. Eletronet offers high-speed, long-distance telecommunications services to telecommunications operators and internet service providers (ISP). Eletronet is changing the game of the Brazilian Telecommunications Market! http://eletronet.com/en/.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.