ServerCentral Selects Ciena DCI Platform to Deliver Critical Business and Cloud Applications
To satisfy growing customer demands for cloud migration and high-performance applications, ServerCentral is deploying Ciena’s® (NYSE: CIEN) Waveserver stackable data center interconnect (DCI) platform. This upgrade allows ServerCentral to quickly scale bandwidth and support customer needs for high-speed data transfer, virtual machine migration and disaster recovery/backup between data centers. Additionally, with the extremely compact design of the Waveserver platform, ServerCentral can make more efficient use out of its data center footprints.
- ServerCentral is a managed IT services provider delivering infrastructure for startups and Fortune 500s worldwide. ServerCentral delivers comprehensive infrastructure services including private clouds, dedicated infrastructure, connectivity to third-party cloud providers, infrastructure links and more across multiple diverse fiber paths from the company’s global data centers.
- This upgrade allows ServerCentral to provide highly reliable data connectivity at levels of 10, 40 and 100 GbE, which means its customers can confidently deploy bandwidth-intensive, web-scale applications. Additionally, with Waveserver, ServerCentral can offer new levels of flexibility by providing different connectivity speeds on short notice.
- With Ciena’s Emulation CloudTM, an open application development environment, ServerCentral can create, test and fine-tune customized web-scale applications tailored to its specific customer needs. ServerCentral can also use Ciena’s Essentials App to manage Waveserver manually or remotely and quickly establish a connection, order, install or provision a service via any smart device.
- “Today’s organizations are faced with increasingly complex, cloud-based architectures. In order to help our customers architect, deploy, manage and scale the optimal solutions for their business, we need to continue to evolve our scalable, flexible and redundant network. Ciena’s Waveserver helps us ensure we have the optimal foundation for our customer’s business and applications.”– Bill Lowry, Vice President, Products, ServerCentral
- “ServerCentral’s forward-looking vision and deployment of new technologies not only ensure that it meets present-day requirements, but can also adjust to changing customer needs. With our Waveserver platform, ServerCentral can provide a highly dynamic, scalable and low-latency interconnectivity experience to its customers.”– Jason Phipps, Vice President & General Manager, North America, Ciena
ServerCentral is an IT infrastructure solutions provider. Since 2000, leading technology, finance, health care and e-commerce firms have put their trust in ServerCentral to design and manage their mission-critical infrastructure. With data centers in North America, Europe and Asia, ServerCentral works with customers to develop the right solution for their business. Whether it is colocation, managed services, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) or cloud, ServerCentral designs the optimal solution for each client. Learn more at http://www.servercentral.com.
About CienaCiena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena InvestorsYou are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.