New users bring new applications with expectations of more bandwidth on-demand and the need for new network services. Operators need to respond quickly, incorporating new technologies and capabilities. As such, networks are becoming bigger, and operating the network is becoming more complex.
The idea of network automation is not new. However, new SDN-based approaches make automation provisioning across multi-vendor optical, packet and MPLS networks easier and more powerful than it has ever been in the past.
An automated WAN provides a programmable foundation that simplifies service providers' ability to transform and offer new virtualized, on-demand services. The time is now.
Join Ciena and Heavy Reading for this one-hour webinar to learn more about:
- Key trends in SDN and NFV driving operators to adopt WAN automation
- The critical role of multi-domain service orchestration in enabling WAN optimization
- The rising role of DevOps and community-based software development
- How to simplify and accelerate processes through model-driven templating
- Use cases for WAN automation optical (layer 0), Ethernet (layer 2) and IP (layer 3) networks and services
Senior Principal Analyst, Optical Networks and Transport, Heavy Reading