Vogel Telecom and Ciena Deploy First 800G Network in Sao Paulo
Vogel Telecom, a wholesale and B2B telecommunications provider in Brazil, recently deployed Sao Paulo’s first 800G optical network to support customers in delivering high-quality cloud, edge computing, video streaming and gaming experiences. Using Ciena’s (NYSE:CIEN) leading coherent optical platform, Vogel can transport the most capacity over a single wavelength and remotely turn up capacity quickly and easily as needed through Ciena’s pay-as-you-grow model.
- Vogel deployed Ciena’s Waveserver 5 compact interconnect platform, powered by WaveLogic 5 Extreme coherent optics, to deliver efficient high-bandwidth 100GbE and 400GbE connectivity services over an 800Gb/s wavelength.
- The new infrastructure helps Vogel deploy Internet Protocol (IP) and high-capacity business services faster, easier and safer, as well as support the launch of new services like Nx100G and 400G in the Sao Paulo metro area. Ciena’s Waveserver 5 also delivers efficient network utilization, lower latency and enhanced service reliability for Vogel to improve overall network performance and quality of end-user experiences.
- Additionally, Vogel is using Ciena’s Manage, Control and Plan (MCP) software to provision, monitor and manage its network. MCP adds more automation and improves the speed at which Vogel can scale and release new services.
- “By upgrading to 800G, Vogel continues to cement its position as a leader in high-capacity connectivity services. With Ciena, Vogel leverages this robust next-generation network to competitively scale and deliver high quality experiences for customers now and well into the future.”
- Daniel Cardoso, Chief Operating Officer, Vogel Telecom
- “Ciena’s industry-leading Waveserver 5 optical solution enables Vogel to optimize its network in the face of today’s growing bandwidth demands and fast-changing customer needs. With a smarter and more dynamic network that can adapt, Vogel delivers on its service-level agreements and paves the way for exciting digital experiences in Brazil.”
- Fernando Capella, Country Manager, Ciena Brazil
About Vogel TelecomFounded in 2014, Vogel Telecom holds a last generation fiber optic network which spans over 26,000 kilometers and offers high-capacity connectivity services to over 600 cities across 13 Brazilian states. Dedicated to the B2B and wholesale markets, Vogel’s connections to 70 datacenters and more than 600 PoPs throughout its’ national backbone provides high-capacity connectivity services to companies of the most diverse magnitudes and segments. Having Patria Investments as its controlling shareholder, Vogel was born with the mission of creating a new concept in the telecommunications market, seeking to contribute to clients' journey in digital transformation.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services and software company. We provide solutions that help our customers create the Adaptive NetworkTM in response to the constantly changing demands of their end-users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most agile networks with automation, openness and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.