Converge ICT Improves Internet Connectivity with Ciena
Converge ICT, the Philippine’s fast-growing local fiber internet provider, is deploying Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) to improve connectivity for its growing customer base of global content network providers, enterprises and consumers. Ciena’s tunable 400G WaveLogic Ai coherent optical solution delivers a more adaptive, flexible and scalable network in Greater Metro Manila, paving the way to support current and future demands from a range of digital applications.
- With rising requirements for bandwidth, Converge ICT is investing in its network to deliver increased capacity, agility and reliability. Ciena enables Converge ICT to efficiently increase the capacity of its backbone and deliver a more seamless user experience.
- Converge ICT is upgrading its network with WaveLogic Ai coherent optics to drive new levels of programmability, with the ability to easily scale to 800G wavelengths to support future growth.
- To provide the highest degree of agility and flexibility, Converge ICT is deploying Colorless-Directionless-Contentionless (CDC) and flexible grid (CDC-F) ROADMs as fundamental elements of its next generation photonic layer. This architecture reduces OpEx, turns up services faster and increases system optimization.
- As new connectivity needs emerge, Ciena’s Liquid Spectrum advanced analytics apps provide real-time visibility into network efficiency, enabling users to allocate optimal capacity across any path as required. To eliminate manual and time-consuming steps in building and operating the network, Ciena’s Manage, Control and Plan (MCP) domain controller enables software automation.
- Ciena Services experts are providing a complete end-to-end solution from design to installation to solution acceptance.
- “This network expansion gives us the confidence that we can deliver on our commitment to foster simple, fast, and reliable connectivity for both existing and potential customers.”
-- Dennis Anthony Uy, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Converge ICT
“This network expansion gives us the confidence that we can deliver on our commitment to foster simple, fast, and reliable connectivity for both existing and potential customers.”
---Dennis Anthony Uy, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Converge ICT
- “Ciena’s field-proven optical solutions and services are a key differentiator in rolling out Converge ICT’s colorless, directionless and flexgrid photonics backbone. This deployment demonstrates how together we are serving the rising digital needs from global content providers and other key end users in the Philippines and paving the way forward for innovation in ASEAN.”
-- Dion Leung, Regional Managing Director for ASEAN, Ciena
“Ciena’s field-proven optical solutions and services are a key differentiator in rolling out Converge ICT’s colorless, directionless and flexgrid photonics backbone. This deployment demonstrates how together we are serving the rising digital needs from global content providers and other key end users in the Philippines and paving the way forward for innovation in ASEAN.”
---Dion Leung, Regional Managing Director for ASEAN, Ciena
About Converge ICT SolutionsConverge ICT Solutions is the leading pure fiber data network and internet service provider in the country. It is the first to run a pure end-to-end fiber internet network, providing Filipinos simple, fast, and reliable internet connection. Converge ICT Solutions is ISO and CE2.0 Certified.
About CienaCiena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services and software company. We provide solutions that help our customers create the Adaptive NetworkÔ in response to the constantly changing demands of their end-users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most agile networks with automation, openness and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.