card complete Deploys High-Speed Data Centre Interconnect with Ciena and Kapsch
Leading Austrian credit card issuer card complete is deploying high-capacity and fully redundant data centre interconnect (DCI) with Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) and Kapsch BusinessCom. With this high-capacity and scalable network, card complete is ensuring highly reliable and secure connectivity for cardholders across the country.
- card complete Group is the largest provider of credit cards and transaction services in Austria, supporting Visa, MasterCard and Maestro accepting partners, amongst others. card complete Service Bank AG and its subsidiary DC Bank AG make up a nationwide network of acceptance points and support more than 1.5 million cardholders.
- This robust data centre interconnect (DCI) solution, based on Ciena’s 6500 Packet-Optical Platform, enables card complete’s network to scale and expand to meet future demands while increasing reliability.
- Kapsch BusinessCom, a Ciena BizConnect partner, facilitated the engagement with card complete from sales, design and deployment to providing hands-on training and ongoing support.
- “With Ciena and Kapsch, we can enhance our services and extract the most value from our network investments. We benefit from streamlined operations and our customers benefit from the resulting superior experiences.”
- Heimo Hackel, CEO, card complete Service Bank AG
- “Ciena’s technology and support combined with Kapsch’s consultative approach ensures that customers like card complete have the best technology for both reliability and scalability. With an easy-to-manage, highly scalable DCI solution, card complete’s customers can transact with confidence.”
- Claudia Adam-Tyl, Sales Manager Finance & Insurance at Kapsch BusinessCom AG
- “Organisations, especially in the financial sector, need to not only manage demanding high-bandwidth applications, but also accommodate uncertain future demands. Ciena has a proven appreciation and unique expertise in evolving network infrastructure, enabling card complete’s combination of high-speed capacity and a robust network to offer next-generation services, today.”
- Eugen Gebhard, Regional Director DACH and Central Europe, at Ciena
About card complete Service Bank AGWith around 1.5 million cardholders and a country-wide network of acceptance points, the card complete Group, which consists of card complete Service Bank AG and DC Bank AG, is Austria’s clear market leader in the credit card business. As Austria's only fully integrated card provider, it combines all the elements of cashless payment – from product development to access devices and settlement systems – under one roof and offers cardholders and accepting partners alike the highest level of security and service in all aspects of cashless payment.
For over 30 years, card complete has shaped the development of cashless payment in Austria. In addition to issuing Visa cards, Mastercard cards and, since 2015, JCB cards, it accepts Visa, V PAY, Mastercard, Maestro, JCB and CUP. Via DC Bank AG, which joined the card complete Group in September 2015, it also offers the complete range of credit card products of Diners Club.
For further information go to www.cardcomplete.com
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.