Hibernia Networks Upgrades Trans-Atlantic Subsea Link with Ciena
Hibernia Networks recently selected Ciena® (NYSE:CIEN) to provide advanced optical solutions on the Hibernia Networks platform. The first element of Hibernia’s network to utilize Ciena’s technology will be Hibernia’s Trans-Atlantic system. As part of the new relationship with Ciena, Hibernia has also joined Ciena’s BizConnect partner program, offering a comprehensive go-to-market strategy that includes joint marketing, training and technical support to penetrate new customers and industries in North America and Europe.
- Hibernia Networks is a diverse high-bandwidth connectivity provider with a rich suite of services including IP transit, CDN, carrier Ethernet, Spectrum and others. Its network provides service to global investment banks, content delivery networks (CDN), broadcasters, cloud services, enterprises, international PTTs and ISPs. Hibernia also provides low-latency routes to 31 different financial exchanges around the globe through its Global Financial Network (GFN).
- Hibernia Networks owns and operates a global network connecting North America, Europe and Asia. Hibernia offers over 200 network Points of Presence (PoPs) in 89 markets and 25 countries.
- Hibernia will deploy Ciena’s GeoMesh submarine solution, including the 6500 Packet-Optical Platform, WaveLogic coherent optics and full ROADM. Together, these components lay the foundation for an OPⁿ® network architecture that will enable Hibernia to scale and react quickly to address changing trans-Atlantic traffic patterns.
- Hibernia will also leverage Ciena’s OneConnect Intelligent Control Plane platform, which provides seamless end-to-end service provisioning and creation. This added level of control will allow Hibernia to rapidly offer services, all with simple and efficient back-end workflows.
- As a new member of Ciena’s BizConnect partner program, Hibernia is working with Ciena to jointly develop new sales opportunities, particularly with government, education and other public-sector customers.
- “We look forward to growing our relationship with Ciena as our customers evolve their connectivity needs in support of their own global web-scale approaches to infrastructure virtualization through solutions like CDN, IP Ethernet and 100G.”
- Matt Johnson, SVP Product & Strategy at Hibernia Networks
- “Driven by a need to get increased value from their existing assets, submarine cable operators continue to turn to Ciena for flexible and programmable trans-oceanic GeoMesh networking capabilities. This scalable and intelligent network architecture will position Hibernia to generate new revenue streams by quickly and easily introducing new services.”
- Ed McCormack, Vice President and General Manager of Submarine Systems at Ciena
- Application Note: Enabling a Bigger and Smarter Network with WaveLogic 3
- Product Page: 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- Webinar: The Future of Submarine Networks
- Video: Chalk Talk OneConnect
- Video: GeoMesh: Don't Be Left Behind
About Hibernia Networks:
Hibernia Networks owns and operates a global network connecting North America, Europe and Asia. Hibernia offers over 200 network Points of Presence (PoPs) in 89 markets and 25 countries. Hibernia Networks serves its global customer base, including wholesale, finance, media and high-bandwidth companies, with unparalleled support, flexibility and service. Hibernia provides secure and diverse dedicated Ethernet, DTM, Wavelengths and carrier-grade IP Transit services. As a true, end-to-end service provider, Hibernia also offers cloud connectivity, low latency connectivity and HiberniaCDN for seamless anytime, anywhere content delivery. Hibernia’s media services are dedicated to flawless delivery of video signals over fiber, supporting dedicated and occasional broadcasts globally. For more information on Hibernia’s cutting-edge network and services, please visit www.hibernianetworks.com.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-Q, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 7, 2014 Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.