Ciena to Showcase Optical Innovations at OFC
Attendees at next week’s OFC event, taking place at the San Diego Convention Center, will have an opportunity to see how Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is leading the industry’s transformation toward more open, programmable and adaptive networks. Center stage at Ciena’s booth (#3850) will be innovations enabling the Adaptive Network, Ciena’s vision of a new target end-state for network providers that utilizes automation guided by intent-based policies to self-monitor, self-configure, self-heal and self-optimize by constantly assessing network status.
- Liquid Spectrum and WaveLogic Ai: OFC attendees will see how Ciena’s industry-leading coherent optics are helping ‘change the unit of currency’ for network capacity. This demonstration will showcase Ciena’s Liquid Spectrum solution and WaveLogic Ai technology and show how network operators can leverage Ciena’s flexible hardware with advanced software to gain real-time visibility and intelligence into network performance.
- 6500 Family: Ciena’s multi-Terabit 6500 packet-optical platform in its various form factors integrates three comprehensive networking layers into a single solution to provide customizable service delivery from the metro edge to the backbone core.
- Packet Networking Innovations: The packet-based network edge will be the focus of this demo featuring Ciena’s 5170 Service Aggregation Switch. This demo will show the latest advances in Ciena’s 10Gbps and 100Gbps packet platforms that enable network operators to scale quickly and meet capacity demands.
Software Control, Automation and Analytics:
- Blue Planet Manage, Control, Plan (MCP): Blue Planet MCP will demonstrate end-to-end management and automation of network services by showcasing a domain controller for automating service delivery across Ciena multi-layer packet-optical networks.
- Blue Planet Analytics (BPA) and Network Health Predictor (NHP): The demonstration will show how network operators can obtain deep network insights through big data to help anticipate network issues and eliminate service disruptions. Built on Blue Planet’s open design and extensible micro-services-based architecture, Blue Planet Analytics supports data collection from any source, including multiple network vendors, layers and physical or virtual domains.
A number of subject matter experts from Ciena will speak at OFC about a wide range of subjects. Notable sessions include:
- Monday, March 12 at 9:00 a.m. PT - Loudon Blair, Senior Director, Corporate Strategy, and David Krauss, Principal Network Architect, will co-lead a short course on Metro Network Evolution.
- Tuesday, March 13 at 2:30 p.m. PT - Lyndon Ong, Principal, Advanced Architecture, will speak on “Enabling the Key Applications for Transport SDN”.
- Wednesday, March 14 at 3:30 p.m. PT - Kim Roberts, Vice President of WaveLogic Science, will present “High Capacity, Long Distance Transport: Innovation vs. Reality”.
- Wednesday, March 14 at 4:30 p.m. PT - Paul Littlewood, Principal Engineer, Office of the Chief Technology Officer, will participate in the “2020 Network Vision 5G and Optical Networking” panel.
For the full list of Ciena’s OFC speaking sessions, please visit the official show website here.
About CienaCiena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.