Ciena to Showcase Innovations that Boost Capacity of Submarine Cables at Submarine Networks World 2017
Attendees at Submarine Networks World, taking place September 25-27 at the Suntec Convention & Exhibition Center in Singapore, will have an opportunity to see first-hand how Ciena's (NYSE: CIEN) GeoMesh Extreme solutions can provide unprecedented capacity, reliably, and simplicity, redefining the economics of owning and operating submarine networks.
Attendees will also be able to hear Ciena insights into the latest trends, challenges and opportunities affecting submarine cable operators.
Demonstrations (Booths 9 and 10):
- Analytics solutions that allow submarine network operators to gather massive amounts of data from a network and make smarter, data-driven decisions using machine learning and big data analytics. Analytics gives operators the ability to visualize and anticipate potential network and service disruptions before they take place, create more profitable services, and better predict capacity requirements.
- Bandwidth-on-Demand capabilities allow submarine network operators to offer bandwidth at set levels to address changing customer needs. For example, enterprise customers can schedule increased bandwidth in anticipation of a major event or during peak demand, and then decommission the connection once the event is over.
- September 26 at 9:35 SGT: Steve Alexander, Chief Technology Officer, keynote session: “The Shannon Limit, or Opportunity?” Attendees will hear how the Shannon limit is defined, its importance, and how to address the concept with technology solutions.
- September 26 at 16:55 SGT: Bob Hadaway, Vice President of Merchant Modems, will speak on the “Evaluating the Business of an Open Network” panel.
- September 27 at 9:20 SGT: Ian Clarke, Vice President of Global Submarine Solutions, will speak on the “New Network Topologies for a Next Generation Internet” panel.
Deep Dive Workshop:
- September 25 from 13:00 to 17:00 SGT: Ciena will host a pre-conference workshop covering the latest topics and issues facing the submarine cable industry, including: updates on hardware and software solutions to address submarine bandwidth demands, transformation of submarine and terrestrial networks through SDN, and the benefits of the openness movement.
About CienaCiena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.