NEXTDC Chooses Ciena DCI to Improve Network Scalability
NEXTDC Limited, Australia’s leading Data Center-as-a-Service provider who delivers premium colocation solutions to corporate, government, and information and communications technology (ICT) services organisations, has announced they will deploy Ciena's (NYSE:CIEN) Data Center Interconnect (DCI) platform. With Ciena, NEXTDC will connect its data centres and provide cutting-edge cloud and computing services to support its customers located across the company’s growing footprint in Australia.
- As a hub for connectivity, NEXTDC supports more than 600 clouds, carrier networks and ICT service providers. NEXTDC is recognised as the leader in the data centre services market in Australia, uniquely positioned to deliver customers a premium service level quality and assurance of a zero-downtime network. NEXTDC is enhancing its network to meet rising cloud and connectivity demands and deliver a superior customer experience through increased productivity and stronger performance.
- With Ciena’s Waveserver, leading cloud, internet content and data center providers like NEXTDC can quickly scale bandwidth and support high-speed data transfer, virtual machine migration and disaster recovery/backup between data centers. To support this deployment, IT solutions provider Over The Wire will simplify management and integration of Ciena into NEXTDC. Ciena Professional Services will provide end-to-end network design and a customised delivery model to ensure rapid deployment while adhering to pandemic guidelines.
- With a re-architected network infrastructure, NEXTDC will further enhance support for its customers’ hybrid cloud environments and help drive better performance and business outcomes.
- “NEXTDC plays a critical role in today’s climate where data centers support Australia’s economy by accelerating digital-first strategies. Ciena’s DCI platform will enable us to provide the agile foundation our customers need to thrive in a competitive marketplace and COVID-19 environment.”
Sean Rinas, Head of Network Operations, NEXTDC Limited
- “As the market leader in DCI, Ciena has proven solutions that will ensure NEXTDC tackles insatiable demand for cloud-based content and gets data closer to end users.”
Matt Vesperman, Managing Director for Australia and New Zealand, Ciena
- “Over the Wire is excited to work with NEXTDC on this project, helping to develop a solution that is purpose built to support the tremendous growth the market is seeing in cloud and connectivity solutions. As organisations continue to accelerate their journey to the cloud, it’s critical they have direct access to the infrastructure that NEXTDC continues to build, enabling them to connect to the platforms and networks powering their business privately, reliably and securely.”
Scott Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Over the Wire
NEXTDC is an ASX100 listed technology company and Asia’s most innovative Data Centre-as-a-Service provider. We are building the infrastructure platform for the digital economy, delivering the critical power, security and connectivity for global cloud computing providers, enterprise and government. For more information, visit https://www.nextdc.com/.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a global leader in networking systems, services, and software. We build the most adaptive networks in the industry, enabling customers to anticipate and meet ever-increasing digital demands. For three-plus decades, Ciena has brought our humanity to our relentless pursuit of innovation. Prioritizing collaborative relationships with our customers, partners, and communities, we create flexible, open, and sustainable networks that better serve all users—today and into the future. For updates on Ciena, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.