QSC Introduces New Hybrid Cloud Services with Ciena and Kapsch
QSC is launching new, hybrid cloud services leveraging solutions from Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) and Kapsch Carrier Solutions. Powered by Ciena’s WaveserverTM stackable data centre interconnect (DCI) platform, these new services provide German enterprise customers with access to tailored, dedicated managed cloud and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) offerings from QSC’s TÜV and ISO-certified German-based data centres.
The enhanced network allows QSC’s customers to take full advantage of a secure, ‘multi-cloud approach’. This means customers can use a combination of dedicated / private and public cloud resources from a variety of providers as turnkey service components that can be developed and expanded as needed. In addition, as access is provided via QSC’s proprietary broadband network, enterprise customers have consistent, end-to-end management for all their cloud IT needs, helping them avoid any security and compatibility risks associated with one-off, isolated services.
- QSC is a German, end-to-end cloud outsourcing, consulting and telecommunications provider. QSC’s fully-owned TÜV and ISO certified data centres and nationwide network offer flexible, tailored cloud solutions as well as on-premise and hybrid IT services to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs), utilities, financial services and the public sector.
- With Ciena and Kapsch, QSC is expanding its capabilities and supplies the whole spectrum of state-of-the-art ICT services. The new portfolio is comprised of IT workplaces; including desktops, telephony and client and mobility management, as well as SAP and other industry-specific applications and solutions as a fully managed cloud infrastructure.
- Ciena’s Waveserver platform – equipped with the WaveLogic 3 Extreme coherent optical chipset, rich software features and open APIs – reinforces QSC’s DCI infrastructure for multi-terabit bandwidth connectivity. Waveserver’s openness and high programmability ensure quick and simple integration and service automation for fast, easy service activation and monitoring.
- Kapsch, a Ciena BizConnect partner, worked with Ciena to upgrade QSC’s network, offering advanced, integration services and ongoing maintenance. QSC is also utilizing Ciena’s packet portfolio for its national wireless network and Ethernet business services.
- “Enterprises are reliant on cloud computing, and this dependence is increasing daily. With Ciena’s technology we are able to offer richer hybrid cloud services that will help grow our German business, drive new innovations and open up new opportunities. The scalability of the Waveserver platform also means that we can embrace future technologies, such as software defined networking (SDN) and network function virtualisation (NFV).”
- Clemens Plieth, Head of Cloud Architecture, QSC
- “For providers like QSC, fast and simplified data centre infrastructure is vital, not only to meet demand, but also to quickly and cost-effectively introduce new and advanced services. This collaboration with Ciena ensures that QSC will benefit from a consistently excellent data centre interconnectivity experience that allows it to evolve so that QSC, and its customers, can take full advantage of all that the cloud has to offer.”
- Wolfgang Matschke, Managing Director, Kapsch Carrier Solutions
- “QSC’s vision and deployment of new network technologies that enable openness and programmability not only ensure that it meets present-day requirements, but can also adjust to changing enterprise needs and lay the groundwork to support future expansion. With Ciena and Kapsch supporting QSC’s hybrid cloud, QSC can be sure that its customers will benefit from its ICT solutions, support and services for their business success.”
- Franck Welter, Head of Partners, Enterprise & Public Sector, EMEA, Ciena
- Data sheet: Waveserver
- Blog: Ciena’s new Waveserver: a dream machine for data center interconnect
- Video: WaveLogic 3 Extreme
QSC AG is the digitizer for the German Mittelstand. With decades of experience and expertise in the areas of cloud, consulting, outsourcing and telecommunication QSC supports its customers securely in the digital age. TÜV and ISO certified data centers in Germany and a nationwide all-IP network form the basis for the highest end-to-end quality and safety. The QSC customers benefit from innovative products and services from a single source.Marketing is carried out both through direct sales and via partners.
About Kapsch CarrierCom
Kapsch CarrierCom is a leading, global producer, supplier and systems integrator of end-to-end telematics and telecommunications solutions. The company offers innovative, business and mission-critical products, technologies and services for rail and urban public transport operators, carrier networks and energy supply companies. Kapsch CarrierCom is a trusted partner to organisations, who benefit from a comprehensive array of professional services and round-the-clock customer service. With nine research and development centres in Europe and Asia, Kapsch CarrierCom is constantly pushing the boundaries of technology. In addition, the company works with an ecosystem of strategic partners to maximise value for clients and help them increase their business success. Kapsch CarrierCom is part of the Kapsch Group and is headquartered in Vienna, Austria. For additional information: www.kapsch.net.
In Germany Kapsch Carrier Solutions GmbH acts as a system integrator and distributor for voice and data communication solutions with a focus on network operators, utilities and enterprise customers.
We are always where you need us. Our headquarters are located in Vienna, Austria, but we are present around the globe – with more than 20 subsidiaries.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-K, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on December 21, 2015.. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.