Speakers and demonstrations highlight how Ciena Blue Planet provides greater network control and operational agility
Attendees at SDN & OpenFlow World Congress, taking place at the World Forum in The Hague on October 10-14, will have an opportunity to hear from Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) experts and see demonstrations of how Blue Planet enables greater network virtualisation, openness and DevOps-style programmability. Ciena will highlight how its Blue Planet software simplifies end-to-end service creation, automation and orchestration to enable software-defined, multi-vendor networks.
Ciena executives and technical experts will participate in technical sessions and speaking panels throughout the conference.
- 11 October, 2:25 pm CET, Operations Forum – Abel Tong, Director of Blue Planet Marketing at Ciena, will present a session titled ‘Transforming your service portfolio with a DevOps approach’
- 11 October, 5:20 pm CET, Business Forum – Kevin Wade, Senior Director of Blue Planet Marketing at Ciena, will take part in a panel discussion on ‘Key NFV use-cases for enterprises’
- 12 October, 10:10 am CET, Plenary Session – Joe Marsella, CTO EMEA at Ciena, will discuss ‘Differentiating with bundled connectivity and virtualised services’
- 12 October, 5:25 pm CET, Operations Forum – Abel Tong, Director of Blue Planet Marketing at Ciena, will participate in a panel discussion titled ‘Modernising OSS/BSS’
Demonstrations (Booth 61 - 62):
- Multi-Domain Service Orchestration (MDSO) across third party technology – This demonstration showcases Blue Planet’s orchestration capabilities and how it enables end-to-end service provisioning and orchestration across third party equipment and domains.
- NFV orchestration capabilities – In this demonstration, Blue Planet NFV Orchestration (NFVO) will manage and automate the virtual network functions (VNF) lifecycle, intelligently orchestrating VNFs, such as a virtual firewall, across data centres.
- The transformation of the network starts with software - This demonstration highlights the possibilities of Blue Planet MDSO and openness by extending the benefits of automation to devices that are not typically part of the network.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.