Ciena to Spotlight Latest Innovations at Submarine Networks World
Attendees at Submarine Networks World 2019, which takes place September 16-18 at the Suntec Convention & Exhibition Centre in Singapore, will hear Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) experts discuss the need for adaptive networks, over land and under the sea, to support the next wave of digital communications, including applications like 5G.
Ciena will participate in multiple panel discussions and share insights about the current state of the industry and how subsea cable operators can benefit from the latest innovations such as GeoMesh Extreme to deliver scalable, reliable and cost-effective connectivity. Ciena will also host its annual “Vision of Submarine Networking” master class.
A full list of Ciena’s speaking sessions can be found below.
Keynote and Panel Sessions:
Tuesday, September 17
- 11:40 a.m. SGT – Steve Alexander, Ciena’s Senior Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, will deliver a keynote presentation: “Intelligent Submarine Networks for Optimized Performance and Revenue Generation.”
Wednesday, September 18
- 9:40 a.m. SGT – Brian Lavallée, Ciena’s Senior Director of Portfolio Solutions, will participate in a keynote panel discussion: “Mapping the Future of Global Networks.”
- 12:00 p.m. SGT – Brian Lavallée, Ciena’s Senior Director of Portfolio Solutions, will participate in a panel discussion: “Maximizing the Potential of Your Cable.”
Master Class Sessions:
Monday, September 16
- 1:30 p.m. SGT – Brian Lavallée, Ciena’s Senior Director of Portfolio Solutions, will host a session: “State of the Submarine Industry – Past, Present and Future.”
- 2:15 p.m. SGT – Ricardo Franco, Ciena’s Senior Consultant of Global Submarine Systems, will host a session: “Spatial Division Multiplexing (SDM) Cables – A Modem Perspective.”
- 3:30 p.m. SGT – Inder Walia, Ciena’s Senior Consultant of Regional Field System Engineering, will host a session: “Submarine Modem Technology Updates – 500G and Beyond.”
- 4:15 p.m. SGT – Richard Norris, Ciena’s Senior Director of Global Submarine System Engineering, will host a session: “Open Cables, What You Need to Know.”
About CienaCiena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services and software company. We provide solutions that help our clients create the Adaptive NetworkTM in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most agile networks with automation, openness and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.