Ciena to Showcase Analytics and Orchestration at TM Forum Live 2017
Attendees at TM Forum Live 2017, which takes place May 15-18 at the Acropolis Convention Center in Nice, France, will be able to hear from Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) senior executives and watch live product demonstrations at the company's booth. Ciena will showcase the latest transformational software technologies, including SDN and NFV orchestration, automation and analytics, along with end-to-end service visibility across multiple domains to ensure operational agility and deliver greater network efficiency, utilisation, management and insight.
Ciena will highlight how these technologies support openness, virtualization and collaboration, while providing a path to autonomous networking for customers across packet-optical transport networks. Additionally, Ciena will participate in the TM Forum Catalyst programme, a series of multi-vendor demonstrations and proof-of-concept displays taking place across the event. In Ciena’s Catalyst Demo, the company is collaborating with ATOS, Dell/EMC and others to showcase how Blue Planet orchestration and predictive analytics can be combined to deliver intelligent, closed-loop automation of NFV resources.
Ciena executives and technical experts will participate in technical sessions and speaking panels throughout the conference.
- 15 May, 4.40pm CEST – Adan Pope, Chief Information Technology Officer – Software and Services, will present The Path to Agile Operations – an overview of today’s OSS/BSS environment, along with a case study from Orange Business Services: transforming OSS/BSS to achieve greater agility and cost effectiveness.
- 16 May, 11.45am CEST – Joe Marsella, Chief Technology Officer for EMEA, will join a panel on The Operations Centre of the Future.
- 17 May, 3:10pm CEST – Mark Gilmour, Director of Portfolio Strategy – Mobile will present Radically Improving Network Flexibility, Speed, Latency and Coverage.
Demonstrations (Booth 317):
- Blue Planet Multi-Domain Service Orchestration (MDSO) – This demonstration will illustrate the ability to automate and orchestrate service delivery across a multi-vendor WAN, and a distributed NFV environment. Ciena experts will showcase how Blue Planet MDSO accelerates the delivery of new services and gives customers ‘self-service’ control over their operational transformation.
- Blue Planet Analytics – This demonstration will illustrate how deep insights from a network can be leveraged to make smarter, data-driven business decisions using machine learning and big data analytics.
- End-to-end service visibility across network and cloud – This demonstration will show how Blue Planet MDSO provides end-to-end orchestration and visibility of multi-domain services that extend across the Network Service Provider and multiple AWS cloud regions to enable rapid identification, triage & resolution of service problems.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.