Ciena to Make Waves at Submarine Networks World with Insights on the Industry’s Future
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) experts will be on hand to discuss the evolution of undersea network ecosystems at Submarine Networks World 2018 in Singapore, taking place September 24-26. The company will host master class sessions and participate in panel discussions regarding the dynamic changes taking place in the industry, and how subsea cable operators can leverage new innovations to meet customer demands.
Attendees can also visit Ciena’s booth (Hall 404, Booth 4) and learn more about Waveserver Ai, which delivers scale and power efficiency for data center interconnect applications, and GeoMesh Extreme, which leverages both submarine and terrestrial technologies that enable operators to offer highly differentiated subsea connectivity services.
A full list of all Ciena’s speaking sessions can be found below.
Master Class Sessions:
Monday, September 24
- 1:30 p.m. SGT – Brian Lavallée, Senior Director of Portfolio Solutions, will host a session: Are You Ready for the Adaptive Submarine Network?
- 2:15 p.m. SGT – Alice Shelton, Senior Consultant of Global Submarine Sales, will host a session: The Foundation of Submarine Networks.
- 3:30 p.m. SGT – Darwin Evans, Product Line Manager of Submarine Systems, will host a session: Riding the Technology Innovation Wave.
- 4:15 p.m. SGT – Richard Norris, Senior Director of Global Submarine System Engineering, will host a session: The Virtual Future is Very Real.
Keynote and Panel Sessions:
Tuesday, September 25
- 9:20 a.m. SGT – Steve Alexander, Chief Technology Officer, will participate in a keynote panel: Looking Towards the Future of the Subsea Cable Industry.
- 10:20 a.m. SGT – Steve Alexander, Chief Technology Officer, will participate in a keynote presentation: Virtual Fiber Pairs is the Answer.
Wednesday, September 26
- 9:40 a.m. SGT – Steve Alexander, Chief Technology Officer, will participate in a keynote panel: Building the Networks of Tomorrow.
- 11:45 a.m. SGT – Ian Clarke, Senior Director of Global Submarine Sales, will participate in a keynote panel: Assessing the Upgrades Market in a Data-Driven Future.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services, and software company. We provide solutions that help our clients create more adaptive networks in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most sophisticated networks with automation and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.