Ciena to Demonstrate the Power of Connectivity at SubOptic 2019
Ciena President and CEO Gary Smith will deliver the keynote address, sharing insights about the digital revolution and how submarine cables build connections between people, continents, cultures, and experiences to ultimately create endless possibilities for our future. In addition, Ciena will showcase GeoMesh Extreme, which has been enhanced with WaveLogic 5 Extreme to support single-wave 500G over transpacific distances to help network operators support ongoing intercontinental data consumption.
Ciena experts are also participating in several conference sessions, including:
Monday, April 8
- 9:30 a.m. CT – Priyanth Mehta, Hardware Engineer, will host a session: “SubOptic Association Working Group on Open Cables.”
- 11:00 a.m. CT – Brian Lavallée, Senior Director of Submarine Network Solutions, will co-host a masterclass session with Pascal Pecci, Senior Product Line Manager at Alcatel Submarine Networks: “Open Submarine Networks.”
Tuesday, April 9
- 9:00 a.m. CT – Ian Clarke, VP of Global Submarine Sales, will deliver welcoming remarks.
- 9:30 a.m. CT – Gary Smith, President & CEO, will deliver the keynote address.
- 11:00 a.m. CT – Darwin Evans, Senior Advisor of Submarine Product Line Management, will moderate a presentation by Priyanth Mehta: “High Capacity Optical Link Budgeting for Next Generation Modems.”
- 1:30 p.m. CT – Ed McCormack, Consultant, will moderate a panel session: “The Business of Submarine Cable Infrastructure, a CEO debate.”
- 4:45 p.m. CT – Yves Delisle, Submarine Transmission Solution Engineer, will host a session: “Maximize the Benefits of Higher Delivered OSNR of Modern Wet Plant.”
- 4:45 p.m. CT – Brian Lavallée will co-host a poster session with Jean-Sébastien Tassé, Product Line Manager at EXFO: “Are You Ready for Submarine 400 Gb/s?”
- 4:45 p.m. CT – Andree Robichaud-Veronneau, Data Scientist, will host a session: “Maintenance in a Submarine Network using Analytics.”
Wednesday, April 10
- 2:00 p.m. CT – Priyanth Mehta will host a session: “Google – The Subsea Fiber as a Shannon Channel.”
- 2:00 p.m. CT – Priyanth Mehta will host a session: “Validating Emerging Transmission Technologies on Submarine Cable Systems.”
- 2:00 p.m. CT – Mark Hinds, Advisor of Optical Systems and Submarine Applications, will host a session: “Virtualizing the Submarine Network – Requirements, Architectures, and Use Cases.”
Thursday, April 11
- 9:00 a.m. CT – Andrew Kam, Hardware Engineer, will host a session: “Pre-emphasis Based Equalization Strategy to Maximize Cable Performance.”
- 10:45 a.m. CT – Yves Delisle will host a session: “Support of Higher Baud Rate and Line Rate Over a Legacy Submarine Cable System: A Case Study.”
About CienaCiena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services and software company. We provide solutions that help our clients create the Adaptive Network™ in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most agile networks with automation, openness and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.