Ciena Brings Automated and Virtualized Network Innovations to MEF18
Attendees at MEF18, which takes place October 29 – November 2 in Los Angeles, will have the opportunity to hear from Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) experts and see demonstrations that show how Ciena is leveraging automated and virtualized technologies to drive new opportunities for programmability, efficiency and profitability for service providers.
Ciena’s booth (#507) will feature a number of Blue Planet intelligent automation solutions that easily integrate with service providers’ operational support systems to enable rapid development of new network services, evolve end-to-end network operations and transition to a more agile, adaptive network.
Attendees can also speak to Ciena experts to learn more about the recently announced Adaptive IP capabilities, coherent optics, and purpose-built hardware platforms that give service providers the ability to capitalize on 5G, Next-Generation Cable MSO Access associated with Fiber Deep, Business Services and more.
Proof of Concept (PoC) Showcases (MEF18 Networking Hall):
Ciena Blue Planet technical experts will participate in the following multi-vendor service orchestration PoCs throughout the conference:
- Multi-Domain, Application-Defined Global Interconnection Orchestration – Conducted by Equinix, AT&T and Ciena’s Blue Planet team, this PoC will show how software-defined interconnection exchanges enable public/private peering using secure interconnection across a Multi-Domain Global Virtual Fabric and federated orchestration using open application programming interfaces (APIs).
- Self-Service, Agile, Orchestrated CloudLink – Conducted by Zayo and Ciena’s Blue Planet team, this PoC will demonstrate an elastic cloud connectivity capability that combines SDN technology and API integration to enable rapid provisioning, higher customer satisfaction and quicker revenue generation for customers.
- Pocket-sized Model-Driven Networks – Conducted by Vodafone and DGIT in cooperation with Ciena’s Blue Planet team, this PoC will show how Legato and Sonata APIs learn the model in a business system, compose the learned model in a catalog, and then publish the composed product to customers who will have the ability to order and manage the product via a mobile application.
Ciena executives and technical experts will participate in the following speaking sessions and panels:
Tuesday, October 30
- 11:15 a.m. PT – Kevin Sheehan, Chief Technology Officer of the Americas, will host an executive presentation, titled Network Automation: What Have We Learned During the Past 3 Years?
Wednesday, October 31
- 10:10 a.m. PT – Kevin Sheehan, Chief Technology Officer of the Americas, will participate in a panel session: Success Stories – Building Automated, Virtualized & Interconnected Networks Powered by LSO, SDN and NFV.
- 3:40 p.m. PT – Marco Naveda, Principal in the Office of the CTO, will participate in a panel session: Multi-Domain, Application-Defined Advanced Global Interconnection Orchestration.
About CienaCiena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services, and software company. We provide solutions that help our clients create more adaptive networks in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most sophisticated networks with automation and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.