Ciena Appoints Fernando Capella as Country Manager for Brazil
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) has appointed Fernando Capella as Country Manager for Brazil, where he will provide strategic counsel to customers and partners to deliver transformative network solutions in the Caribbean and Latin America (CALA) region.
Fernando will lead Ciena’s Brazilian sales organization, providing strategic direction and achieving regional objectives. He will also oversee several support functions, including professional services, finance and logistics.
- Fernando has more than 20 years of experience working in the telecommunications industry in CALA, serving in a variety of leadership positions in account management, business development, marketing and sales engineering.
- Prior to joining Ciena, Fernando was Managing Director for CALA South at Coriant, where he helped increase sales with major service providers and positioned the company in new, untapped markets, such as banking, transportation and education. Fernando previously served as Sales Manager at NEC where he provided support to the Brazilian office by setting commercial strategies and introducing new technologies into the Brazilian market.
- Fernando holds a degree in Electrical Engineering from Escola de Engenharia Mauá. He speaks Portuguese, Spanish and English fluently.
- Fernando succeeds Patricia Vello as Country Manager for Brazil. Patricia recently took a new position at Ciena and is now leading the company’s marketing efforts in the CALA region.
- “Over the past several years, we have strengthened our presence in the CALA region. Fernando’s proven track record and extensive knowledge of the region will play a key role in supporting our customers as they transform their networks to be more adaptive and responsive to user demands.”
- Fabio Medina, Ciena’s general manager and vice president of sales for CALA
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.