eww ITandTEL Upgrades Nationwide Network with Ciena and Kapsch
eww ITandTEL is upgrading its backbone network and ensuring super-fast connectivity in response to growing demand for IT and telecommunications services in Austria. With Ciena’s® (NYSE: CIEN) packet-optical technology, deployed with Kapsch BusinessCom, eww ITandTEL’s advanced 100G network can support enterprises with internet connectivity, cloud technologies, data centre services and workplace solutions. eww ITandTEL is also upgrading its wholesale carrier service offerings between international exchanges in Vienna and Frankfurt with new high-capacity services.
- ITandTEL is the telecommunications division of eww ag, a wide-ranging utility company in Upper-Austria. By broadening its offerings with high-capacity networking services, ITandTEL is extending the eww ag business and monetising its networking infrastructure to tap into new markets and new revenue streams.
- With this 100G upgrade, eww ITandTEL is strengthening its network core to support its enterprise communication services portfolio, including internet, e-mail services, data backup, security and telephony; as well as adapting to meet escalating demands driven by the surge of cloud computing and video. Enhanced data centre interconnect (DCI) will also underpin eww ITandTEL’s colocation and hosting capabilities from its five data centres.
- Flexible, long-haul, high-bandwidth connectivity based on Ciena’s 6500 Converged Packet Optical platform allows eww ITandTEL to extend its carrier wholesale services and support internet service providers (ISPs) with high-bandwidth connections and peering through its international and local exchanges.
- Kapsch, a Ciena BizConnect partner, worked with Ciena on this project, providing pre-sales support as well as integration services and maintenance. Ciena facilitated the planning and design, and will provide ongoing consultation to help eww ITandTEL further monetise its network assets.
- "As cloud computing and other high-bandwidth services become more and more integral to the workplace and society, the supporting IT and network services must be agile enough to adapt. With Ciena’s technology and Kapsch’s support, our Austrian enterprise and wholesale customers can simplify their IT with scalable solutions. This frees up time and resources so businesses can focus on their core competencies, not their infrastructure.”
- Bernhard Peham, Head of ITandTEL,at eww ITandTEL
- “The partnership between Ciena and Kapsch gives eww ITandTEL’s network an edge, delivering both technological and strategic business value. Enterprise and wholesale customers have access to the latest IT and telecommunications technologies, and can utilize a range of ICT services to develop and adapt their own business models.”- Andreas Lufteinsteiner, Sales Manager Utilities at Kapsch BusinessCom AG
- “ITandTel understands the changing needs of enterprises and carriers. The enhanced high-capacity platform will allow ITandTel to support high-bandwidth applications and services essential in today’s on-demand world.”
- Daniel Prokop, Regional Sales Director, Central Europe, at Ciena
About eww ITandTEL
ITandTEL is eww ag's telecommunications business area, combining the most modern communications technologies in order to provide comprehensive solutions and offers individual complete solutions. The scope of service stretches from site networking via the internet, email services, data security, security, telephone concepts and server housing.
eww ITandTEL is not only in possession of more than 10 data centers in seven different locations, it’s also the owner of fiber infrastructure in Germany and neighboring countries.
In terms of safety eww ITandTEL is one of the few throughout Austria 27001 certified company with respect to information security.
About Kapsch BusinessCom
Kapsch BusinessCom– part of the Kapsch Group – is a leading ICT service partner in Austria, Central and Eastern Europe. Kapsch has positioned itself as an ICT service partner offering a complete solution portfolio covering the areas of information technology as well as telecommunications. It is increasingly taking on responsibility for the entire area of operations.
Kapsch BusinessCom relies on manufacturer independence and partnerships with globally leading technology providers, including Ciena. With its partners, Kapsch offers its services as a consultant, system supplier and service provider, but above all as a reliable, dependable, long-term trusted advisor in a rapidly changing technological environment.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.