Thomas Soerensen, VP of Global Submarine Solutions, to deliver keynote on May 31
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) will feature the latest enhancements to its GeoMesh Extreme submarine network solution, including the recently announced WaveLogic 6, at Submarine Networks EMEA 2023, occurring May 31 to June 1 at the Business Design Centre in London. Ciena’s experts will be available in booth #MR3 to discuss how submarine network providers of all kinds can master increasing complexity to make their networks simpler, scalable, and sustainable.
Other Ciena highlights at the event:
SubOptic Members’ Forum Workshop on Tuesday, May 30:
- The SubOptic Association and Ciena will jointly conduct a workshop (2:00–5:30 pm) that includes a welcome from the new executive committee, highlights from SubOptic 2023 in Bangkok, insights from the working groups, and a look at what’s ahead for the Association
Speaking Sessions on Wednesday, May 31:
- Keynote (9:55–10:15 am): Thomas Soerensen, VP of Global Submarine Solutions, will speak about Submarine Cable Industry Trends – The Challenges and Opportunities
- Panel sessions and presentations:
- Building Next-generation Submarine Cable Networks (12:15–12:55 pm): Richard Norris, Senior Director, Global Submarine System Engineering
- Spectrum Sharing: Addressing the Operational Challenges of Cables with High Fibre Pair Counts (2:30–3:10 pm): Alice Shelton, Senior Consultant, Global Submarine Sales
- The Future of SLTE (3:10–3:30 pm): Darwin Evans, Director, Product Line Management Submarine Systems
For more information about Ciena’s participation at Submarine Networks EMEA or to request a meeting, contact email@example.com.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a global leader in networking systems, services, and software. We build the most adaptive networks in the industry, enabling customers to anticipate and meet ever-increasing digital demands. For three-plus decades, Ciena has brought our humanity to our relentless pursuit of innovation. Prioritizing collaborative relationships with our customers, partners, and communities, we create flexible, open, and sustainable networks that better serve all users—today and into the future. For updates on Ciena, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.