Demonstrations will cover the latest in automation, xHaul, 5G monetization, sustainability, and operational efficiency for service providers
At this year’s MWC (26th - 29th February), Ciena’s booth (Hall 2, stand #2J51) will feature a variety of demonstrations that highlight how the company’s Adaptive Network vision helps service providers design and operate more efficient, resilient, and sustainable 5G networks. Together with its Blue Planet intelligent automation portfolio, Ciena will also highlight how service providers can accelerate the planning and roll-out of complex multi-vendor 5G networks and improve the monetization and management of 5G network slices.
Attendees will have an opportunity to experience Ciena’s virtual Executive Briefing Center, an immersive, interactive digital platform showcasing the company’s Adaptive Network vision for guiding network evolution with enhanced programmability, scale, automation, and intelligence.
A short summary of Ciena’s demonstrations in Hall 2 Stand 2J51 is below:
- SRv6 implementations for soft transport slicing - exploring technical implications and the business opportunity of SRv6 implementations for soft network slicing in 5G transport.
- Improve Monetization with Network Slice Lifecycle Automation – highlighting how Blue Planet enables the acceleration of the return on 5G investments through scalable and sustainable zero-touch network slice lifecycle automation from end-to-end across complex multi-vendor 5G environments.
- Resilient timing distribution and synchronization for 5G networks - exploring 5G timing and synchronization technical challenges, highlighting tools and techniques to improve overall cellular network performance and resiliency through a robust and accurate timing distribution network, with special focus on its management.
- 5G Network Planning & Deployment with Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) – a combined Ciena/Blue Planet demo highlighting how network providers can accelerate the planning and rollout of multi-vendor 5G networks through the federation and visualization of data from physical and virtual resources and across multiple systems and domains. The demo will demonstrate automated Day 0/Day 1 deployment, configuration and activation of cell sites, including the 5G cell-site router (CSR) and virtualized radios, to reduce OPEX and help speed the creation of a slicing-ready network.
- Accelerating the 5G edge via 3GPP UPF distribution - showcasing the implementation of a 3GPP UPF over a Ciena aggregation router, leveraging existing compute at the edge to enhance the user experience, network performance and efficiency.
- Visualizing and Assuring SLAs for 5G Network Slices - with the dynamic nature of 5G network slicing, CSPs must be able to collect and process telemetry data at scale across the RAN, transport and core, and monitor services in real-time to ensure that customers’ SLAs are being met. This Blue Planet demo will showcase the visualization of end-to-end 5G network slice Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
For more information about Ciena visit: https://www.ciena.com/next-steps/events/schedule-your-meeting-with-ciena or contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a global leader in networking systems, services, and software. We build the most adaptive networks in the industry, enabling customers to anticipate and meet ever-increasing digital demands. For three-plus decades, Ciena has brought our humanity to our relentless pursuit of innovation. Prioritizing collaborative relationships with our customers, partners, and communities, we create flexible, open, and sustainable networks that better serve all users—today and into the future. For updates on Ciena, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.