Ciena to Showcase 3nm-based Coherent Optical Solutions at ECOC 2023
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN), a global leader in networking systems, services, and software, will be at ECOC 2023 in Glasgow (October 1-5).
At its booth, number 207, Ciena experts will be on-hand to discuss the latest developments in the company’s industry-leading WaveLogic coherent optic technology, including state-of-the-art 3nm coherent DSP advancements. Attendees will also learn about ways operators can leverage the power, cost, and footprint benefits of Ciena’s pluggables across a broader set of applications.
At ECOC 2023, Ciena will also take part in OIF's largest-ever multi-vendor interoperability demonstration exploring cutting-edge advancements in network technology and seamless interoperability of critical areas such as 400ZR+, Common Management Interface Specification (CMIS), and more. The live and static interoperability demos will be held at OIF’s booth, #304.
Ciena will also participate in the ECOC 2023 Conference Speaker Program:
- On October 1 at 14:00-16:30, Loudon Blair, Senior Director, Corporate Strategy, will participate in a special session on F5G Optical Network Technologies towards 2025 and 2023 – What, Why and How? in M2-M4, first floor.
- On October 2 at 14:50, Frank Chang, Senior Director, Product Line Management, will present a session on Scaling to 800G pluggables: Opportunities and Challenges for Coherent, in the Product Focus theatre.
- On October 3 at 15:20 – 15:35, Mark Laubach, Systems Design Architecture Engineer, will present on Transitioning PON to Coherent Technology for 100G and Beyond, in the Market Focus Theatre.
- On October 4 at 11:20 – 11:35, Robert Keys, Senior Director, Optical Transmission R&D, will present on Practical Considerations for Achieving Quantum-Secure Optical Networks, in the Market Focus Theatre.
- On October 4 at 15:00 – 15:15, Will Leckie, Senior Manager, Optical Engineering R&D, will present on Evolving Networks to 1.6 Tb/s Transmission and Ubiquitous 800G Networking, in the Market Focus Theatre.
“We invite network operators looking to gain a competitive edge from optical technologies to visit our booth at ECOC 2023. We will demonstrate how our innovation in coherent optics, pluggables, and flexible photonics result in significant performance and energy advantages, which means no longer having to compromise on capacity, operational ease, and sustainability,” said Mark Bieberich, Vice President, Global Portfolio Marketing, Ciena.
OIF will showcase its largest-ever multi-vendor interoperability demonstration at ECOC 2023, highlighting advancements in four key technology areas: 400ZR(+) optics, Co-Packaging solutions, Common Electrical I/O (CEI) channels and Common Management Interface Specification (CMIS) implementations. The collaborative efforts of OIF’s network operator, system vendor, component vendor and test equipment vendor members play a vital role in driving the adoption of technologies for both present and future networks. The live and static interoperability demos featuring 39 companies will be held at OIF’s booth, #304.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a global leader in networking systems, services, and software. We build the most adaptive networks in the industry, enabling customers to anticipate and meet ever-increasing digital demands. For three-plus decades, Ciena has brought our humanity to our relentless pursuit of innovation. Prioritizing collaborative relationships with our customers, partners, and communities, we create flexible, open, and sustainable networks that better serve all users—today and into the future. For updates on Ciena, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.