KINX Improves Cloud Service Offerings Using Ciena’s DC Platform
Korea Internet Neutral eXchange (KINX) launched a new data center (DC) architecture leveraging Ciena’s (NYSE: CIEN) Waveserver platform. This deployment will provide connectivity between KINX’s data centers and support the provider’s ability to offer new levels of flexibility and scalability for global leading internet content providers.
- KINX is the only carrier-neutral internet exchange provider in Korea, specializing in internet infrastructure, content delivery networks and providing cloud computing services to prominent domestic and international carriers, content providers, multiple system operators, financial institutions and government agencies.
- Ciena’s Waveserver platform will serve as the foundation for KINX’s new scalable DC architecture with seamless deployment over KINX’s legacy third-party photonic infrastructure. Waveserver provides capacity up to 400Gbps in a single rack-unit to conserve footprint and support high-bandwidth services such as video-on-demand and gaming. The platform offers the choice of high-density connections to optimize transmission costs and provide rapid bandwidth scalability for high-speed data transfer, virtual machine migration and disaster recovery/backup applications in data center interconnect.
- A key benefit of this network enhancement is that KINX will make more efficient use of its data center footprint while ensuring quick and simple service activation and monitoring through use of a highly programmable infrastructure. Ciena’s Waveserver provides greater openness, which allows KINX to design and build unique and customizable applications to better address customer needs.
- “The rate at which data is shared today is unprecedented, which means high-quality DC is needed now more than ever. Ciena’s Waveserver will enable us to optimize our data centers and better serve our customers, including some of the world’s leading internet content providers.”
- Hwang Yonghyeon, Vice President, KINX
- “Our Waveserver platform will connect KINX’s data centers in Korea, providing high bandwidth and low latency connections to domestic and international internet service providers, while supporting growing traffic demands.”
- Rick Seeto, Vice President and General Manager, APJ, Ciena
The only carrier-neutral Internet eXchange (IX). KINX provides cost-effective and efficient services to prominent domestic and international carriers, content providers, multiple system operators, financial institutions, and government agencies. With its know-how, KINX offers colocation, IEPL, MPLS-VPN, Cloud, CDN, AWS Direct Connect, and China Direct Connect among others.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services, and software company. We provide solutions that help our clients create more adaptive networks in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most sophisticated networks with automation and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.