Ciena to Showcase the Network of the Future at SC17
At this year’s SC17, taking place November 12-17 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, attendees will have an opportunity to see first-hand how Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is applying machine learning and advanced software analytics to network operations. With these innovations, operators can benefit from a network that is not only scalable but also able to autonomously adapt and respond to handle surging and unpredictable demands.
Research collaboration Demonstrations (Booth #1281):
- Supporting High-Performance Network Infrastructure Virtualization: Developed collaboratively between Ciena and the pan-European Research Network GÉANT, this demo will show the dynamic allocation of high-performance user-defined virtual network environments provisioned across Ciena’s OPN OPn Research Network infrastructure (CENI) facilitating dataflows of up to 100 Gbps.
- Network Analytics with Machine Learning Orchestration: A fully operational live network will be shown with small and large data flows. Using Ciena-developed network machine learning algorithms that study and anticipate traffic fluctuations, along with Blue Planet Multi-Domain Service Orchestration (MDSO), the network will self-adjust to preserve operational commitments.
- Secure Autonomous Response Networks (SARNET): In collaboration with the Dutch Research Foundation, University of Amsterdam and other partners, a new interactive demo will show how Software Defined Networking (SDN) and Network Function Virtualization (NFV) can help alleviate cyber-attacks and program networks to provide enhanced cyber-terror detection and defense across multiple domains and complex architectures.
Ciena Demonstrations (Booth #1281):
- Making Software-defined Autonomous Networks a Reality: Leveraging Blue Planet Manage, Control and Plan (MCP) and WaveLogic Ai, the Liquid Spectrum Apps provide real-time margin and loss measurements so that excess margin can turn into needed capacity. This demonstration will show how operators can tune, control, and dynamically extract the most value out of existing network investments.
- Blue Planet Multi-Domain Service Orchestration: This demo will illustrate how gathering massive amounts of data from a network can be turned into actionable decisions using machine learning and big data analytics.
- Distributed Network Function Virtualization (D-NFV): Illustrating Ciena’s approach to the evolution of the network’s edge, this demo includes Blue Planet Multi-Domain Orchestration, Ciena D-NFVI Software, and Ciena’s 3906mvi vCPE equipped with an x86 server module that hosts third party Virtual Network Functions (VNF).
- Emulation Cloud: Accelerate Innovation: Attendees will see the power of Ciena’s Emulation Cloud™ open application environment that enables customers to access Ciena’s hardware and software product-based APIs to create, test and fine-tune their customized applications.
SC17 is the premier international conference showcasing the many ways high performance computing, networking, storage and analysis leads to advances in scientific discovery, research, education and commerce. The annual event, created and sponsored by ACM (Association for Computing Machinery) and the IEEE Computer Society, attracts HPC professionals and educators from around the globe to participate in its complete technical education program, workshops, a world-class exhibit area, demonstrations and opportunities for hands-on learning.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.