Ciena to Showcase Programmable Solutions to Support Latin Americas’ Transforming Networks at Futurecom 2014
Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) will showcase its converged packet optical, packet networking and software solutions, all elements of its OPⁿ® network architecture, in Booth #D10 during Futurecom 2014, scheduled for October 13th -16th in Sao Paulo, Brazil. A recent Ciena and IDC survey found that 80 percent of Latin American corporate IT leaders expect their organizations’ connectivity needs to double during the next 24 months. Ciena will showcase and demonstrate how it is helping carriers in the region to transform their networks into programmable, on-demand and service-aware platforms for continual service innovation to support this demand. Ciena executives and technical experts will also present in a number of speaking sessions throughout the event.
Booth (#D10) Highlights:
- Ciena executives will be on hand to discuss the company’s:
- Agility software portfolio of open SDN and NFV software that supports the delivery of virtualized, on-demand network services and functions. Including an OpenDaylight-based multilayer SDN controller for the WAN and an initial set of four network applications, Agility leverages advanced, real-time analytics to help network operators provision multi-vendor networks, ensure maximum efficiency and resiliency, and rapidly create and deploy virtualized services at lower cost.
- 8700 Packetwave Platform that enables network operators to scale their networks in support of ‘on-demand’ applications such as cloud services, streaming video, and content distribution which continue to drive demand for 10GbE/100GbE services.
- Ciena will demonstrate the value and ease-of-use of Ciena’s V-WAN, an SDN-based network resource broker and service scheduling application that enables on-demand Ethernet and optical service delivery. A key element of the Agility portfolio, V-WAN virtualizes the network and enables flexible, just-in-time allocation of network resources to the users and applications that need it. A feature that could help large venues, like stadiums, support the demand for additional bandwidth only when and where they need it.
- 10:50 a.m. – Hector Silva, chief technology officer and strategic sales leader for CALA at Ciena, will present “How Software Can Help You Monetize and Optimize Your Network by Transforming it into a Programmable Asset.”
- 4:00 p.m. – John Hawkins, senior director of product and technical marketing at Ciena, will participate in the panel “SDN: Using the Network in a Flexible and Intelligent Way.”
- 12:40 p.m. – John Hawkins, senior director of product and technical marketing at Ciena, will present on “How Cloud Computing Is Disrupting the Metro Networks, and What Network Operators Need to Do About it.”
- 4:40 p.m. – Francois Locoh-Donou, senior vice president, global products group at Ciena, will participate in a panel on “How Technology Will Be Driven by the New Digital Lifestyle.”
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-Q, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on September 9, 2014. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.