Ciena to Showcase Innovations that Tackle Mobile Growth at MWC 2015
Visitors to Mobile World Congress 2015, taking place March 2-5 at the Fira Gran Via in Barcelona, Spain, will see a wide selection of demonstrations showcasing how Ciena’s® (NYSE: CIEN) OPn network architecture is driving on-demand mobile user experiences. Located in Hall 2, Stand 2J51, Ciena will feature some of the latest enhancements to its converged packet optical, packet networking and software portfolios that enable agile, flexible networks to transform capacity into capability.
Ciena executives will also be on hand to discuss how network operators can tackle surging mobile bandwidth demands as evidenced by a recent ACG Research study, which estimates that over the next three years peak hour mobile bandwidth consumption will increase fivefold per user and over-the-top video will triple mobile bandwidth requirements.
Demonstrations (Hall 2 Stand 2J51):
- Ethernet business and mobile backhaul services - on-boarding new Ethernet applications including small cell mobile backhaul solutions, business services and aggregation with fast, simple service setup, delivery, performance KPI’s and real-time cloud-based service reporting.
- Ciena’s Agility Matrix and VNF Market – new network function virtualisation (NFV) marketplace with on-demand enterprise services, such as WAN optimisation and encryption that enable consumption-based pay-as-you-earn business models.
- Multi-layer WAN controller (MLWC) - Leveraging software defined networking (SDN) for new service set-up and optimisation to deliver differentiated enterprise on-demand networks and cloud services. The MLWC enables the ability to abstract network functions for full visibility across a multilayer, multi-vendor network.
- March 4, 13:30 pm CET (Telesemana stand; Hall 8.0 Stand i48) - Hector Silva, CTO CALA at Ciena, will be participating in a video panel on “Backhauling the Mobile HetNet”.
- Mobile World Congress 2015: Meet us in Barcelona
- Overview: Ciena Mobile Backhaul Solutions
- Study: Peak Mobile Bandwidth per User to Increase Fivefold by 2018
- Blog: Ciena launches holistic NFV solution
- Overview: Multilayer WAN Controller
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-K, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on December 19, 2014. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.