Ciena Demos Innovations for the Web-Scale World at OFC 2015
Attendees of OFC 2015, scheduled March 23-26 at the Los Angeles Convention Center, will have the opportunity to see how Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) is helping network operators prepare for the web-scale effect driven by growth in cloud computing, network virtualization and openness. Ciena’s booth (#1146) and FutureLab, a big rig truck fully equipped with next generation networking solutions, will feature innovations for the metro including Ciena’s converged packet optical, packet networking and software solutions. Ciena executives and technical experts will also participate in technical sessions, workshops and speaking panels throughout the event.
Demo Highlights (booth #1146):
- Recently announced web-scale capabilities, including the Coherent Select architecture that allows operators to cost-effectively bring 100G closer to the metro with wide deployment scalability; and the new 200G WaveLogic 3 Extreme and 100G WaveLogic 3 Nano chipsets, which deliver new levels of capacities and efficiencies for 100G applications.
- Full network layer convergence with the 6500 Packet-Optical Platform, including simultaneous packet and OTN switching over single 100G DWDM, providing unprecedented flexibility and control with the ability to virtualize network resources.
- Cross-portfolio, end-end MPLS-TP and G.8032 packet networking capabilities, featuring the 8700 Packetwave Platform, Ciena’s programmable, multi-terabit switching solution that transforms how metro and inter-data center networks are designed, deployed, and operated.
- Agility software portfolio, including V-WAN on-demand services and Agility Matrix, which supports revenue growth and a pay-as-you-earn business model via new NFV-enabled virtualized IT applications. Multi-layer WAN Controller (MLWC) that can automate, simplify, and optimize the network.
- March 23 at 9:00 a.m. PT – Loudon Blair, Senior Technology Director, will present a short course titled “Metro Network: The Transition to Ethernet.”
- March 23 at 1:30 p.m. PT – Joe Berthold, Vice President, Network Architecture, will present as part of the OSA Executive Forum’s Reshaping Standards for Today's Realities panel discussion.
- March 24 at 10:30 a.m. PT – Michel Belanger, Director, Systems Engineering, will present on “The High Capacity Metro Networks: Transport Requirements and the Implications on Next Generation Modems” as part of the Market Watch session titled Reality Check on Maturity of Metro 100G and Beyond.
- March 25 at 2:00 p.m. PT – Lyndon Ong, Principal Engineer, Office of the CTO, will present as part of the Transport SDN Clearing the Roadblocks to Wide-scale Commercial Deployment panel discussion.
- March 26 at 11:00 a.m. PT – Mike Adams, Vice President, Product and Technical Marketing, will present as part of the Flexi-grid super-channels & flexi-rate/multi-modulation format transponders panel discussion.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-Q, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 12, 2015 Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.