Ciena Appoints George F. Holland as Vice President and General Manager of Ciena Government Solutions, Inc.
Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) today announced the appointment of George F. Holland as Vice President and General Manager of Ciena Government Solutions, Inc. (CGSI). George will lead the CGSI organization in alignment with Ciena’s continued focus on growing its leadership in optical networking while expanding into new opportunity spaces – packet networking, network automation and cyber operations – with government customers. His responsibilities include the assessment and development of CGSI’s go-to-market strategy and the execution of business plans in association with Ciena’s product lifecycle management, marketing, research and development, and services organizations.
- George has more than 40 years of sales, business development and delivery experience in both government and industry leadership positions, which brings a wealth of federal knowledge and a wide range of experience in the federal market to the CGSI team.
- George will lead the strategy and execution plans to align Ciena’s portfolio with customer networking needs as government customers continue to focus on the convergence, consolidation, automation and protection of their networks and network assets.
- Most recently, George was Vice President of the National Security Group at Juniper Networks. He started his career as a Defense Department Linguist and Intelligence Analyst for 17 years. After his government career, George held sales, business development positions at Bell Atlantic, Qwest, Northrop Grumman and Sybase.
- “George’s background in government and leadership is precisely the pedigree we were seeking to lead Ciena Government Systems. He will bring that energy, experience and skills to take our already healthy government business to the next level and into new opportunity spaces.”
– Bruce Hembree, Vice President and General Manager, Ciena North America
- “Ciena Government Systems is on a never-ending pursuit to serve as a true mission partner for its government customers. I look forward to working with Jeff Verrant, VP of Strategic Development, and the other talented members of the Ciena Government, North American and Corporate Team to provide our customers innovative solutions and services in the areas of networking most critical for their missions – optical and packet networking, network automation and cyber operations.”
– George F. Holland, Vice President and General Manager, Ciena Government Solutions, Inc.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a networking systems, services and software company. We provide solutions that help our clients create the Adaptive NetworkÔ in response to the constantly changing demands of their users. By delivering best-in-class networking technology through high-touch consultative relationships, we build the world’s most agile networks with automation, openness and scale. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.