Biznet Intros New High-Speed Services in Indonesia with Ciena
To address growing demand for cable TV and broadband services in rural and underserved areas, Biznet in Indonesia has deployed Ciena’s (NYSE: CIEN) converged packet-optical platforms and GeoMesh submarine solution on its new 100G fiber-optic terrestrial and submarine networks. The networks are designed to help drive economic growth in the region and deliver an affordable range of new high-speed information and on-demand communications services to residential and business customers.
- Biznet is a major communication service provider in Indonesia with a fiber optic network that spans 15,000 km, including a submarine connection to Singapore.
- Biznet is leveraging a number of Ciena platforms to support its efforts to reduce Indonesia’s digital gap. Ciena’s 6500 Packet-Optical Platform, equipped with WaveLogic Coherent Optical Processors and integrated switching capabilities, allows Biznet to quickly deploy new services across long-distance routes, while reducing latency, power, and space requirements. By deploying Ciena’s WaveLogic 3 Extreme coherent optics across its submarine link, Biznet is able to improve the traffic carrying capacity with greater spectral efficiency and reach to lower its total cost of ownership.
- Biznet is also utilizing Ciena’s software capabilities, including WaveLogic Photonics PinPoint Advanced Fiber Analytics software, which provides a complete fiber loss profile analogous to a CT scan of the network. This allows Biznet to address potential trouble spots, reduce the risk of outages and decrease repair times from days to hours. Additionally, Ciena’s unified management software provides service deployment and bandwidth optimization monitoring.
- Terrabit Networks, a Ciena BizConnect channel partner, provided deployment services for this project.
- “In today’s always-on world, reliable, robust bandwidth is one of the fundamentals to fostering economic growth and prosperity across a region. To provide our customers across pan-Indonesia with a network that can meet their communication needs, we looked for a partner that can provide a scalable, more efficient network that was simpler to operate and manage. Ciena aced the test -- their experience with rural and submarine deployments has put us on solid footing to provide the connectivity that our customers can thrive on.”
- Adi Kusma, President Director, Biznet
- “Biznet’s enhanced, high capacity terrestrial and submarine networks will help bring broadband connectivity and economic opportunity to the local region, ensuring that Biznet’s customers have greater access to high-speed services.”
- Anthony McLachlan, Vice President and General Manager, Asia Pacific, Ciena
- Solution Overview: 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- Solution Overview: GeoMesh Networking
- Product Overview: PinPoint
Biznet is the leading fixed-line telecommunication and multimedia provider in Indonesia, providing Internet, Data Center and Cable TV services. Established in 2000, Biznet has been providing and operating the latest fiber optic network and the biggest data center in Indonesia. For more information about Biznet and its services, please visit: http://www.biznetnetworks.com.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-K, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on December 21, 2015. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.