POC demo to reveal a blueprint for advanced broadband services
Attendees at the upcoming Fiber Connect 2023 conference, occurring August 20–23 at the Gaylord Palms Resort and Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida, will have an opportunity to see Ciena's (NYSE: CIEN) Residential Broadband innovations, including routing and switching equipment, software, and services. Ciena experts will also be available in booth #1117 to discuss how network operators can build residential networks without compromise with an open, modular, and scalable residential broadband architecture.
Other Ciena highlights at the event:
- Get ready for the next generation of applications by deploying a disruptive broadband architecture with Ciena: This demo illustrates how service providers can deploy fiber-based access networks that provide the performance, security, and flexibility required for an unmatched quality of experience for residential broadband customers. It encompasses Ciena’s universal aggregation and access routers, XGS-PON uOLT pluggables, ONUs, vBNG, and Manage, Control and Plan (MPC) domain controller, as well as third-party components.
Pre-Conference Workshops: Sunday, August 20:
- Middle Mile and Future Demands: Drivers, Case Studies, Technologies, and Strategies (12:40–1:30 pm): Vinicius Santos, Senior Advisor, Solutions Marketing
- Middle Mile and the Edge (1:40–2:30 pm): Trey Hall, Director of Business Development
- Sustainability - Corporate Approaches and Best Practices (3:40–4:30 pm): Helen Xenos, Senior Director, Product Marketing
Monday, August 21:
- Open-Access Community Broadband Networks are Revolutionizing Internet Access for Rural Communities (2:30–3:20 pm): Vinicius Santos, Senior Advisor, Solutions Marketing
- Financial Considerations for Sustainable Broadband (2:30–3:20 pm): Mitch Simcoe, Senior Advisor, Solutions Marketing
Tuesday, August 22:
- Middle Mile Technology Deep Dive (12:30–1:50 pm): Phil Fine, Director, Broadband Access Solutions
- 5G Mobile Infrastructure Evolution (2:30–3:20 pm): Vinicius Santos, Senior Advisor, Solutions Marketing
- Middle Mile Networks: Lessons Learned (2:30–3:20 pm): Mitch Simcoe, Senior Advisor, Solutions Marketing
For more information about Ciena’s participation at Fiber Connect or to request a meeting, contact email@example.com.
- Interactive tool
- Residential Broadband resource hubs
- Podcast: The Future of Broadband Demands Disruption
- Podcast: Igniting a Digital Future for All with Improvements in Residential Broadband
- Blog: Ciena's vBNG deep dive: Unleashing broadband service flexibility and agility
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a global leader in networking systems, services, and software. We build the most adaptive networks in the industry, enabling customers to anticipate and meet ever-increasing digital demands. For three-plus decades, Ciena has brought our humanity to our relentless pursuit of innovation. Prioritizing collaborative relationships with our customers, partners, and communities, we create flexible, open, and sustainable networks that better serve all users—today and into the future. For updates on Ciena, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.