Continues decades-long support of SCinet for connectivity to global scientific research community
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN), a global leader in networking systems, services, and software, is once again powering the SCinet network with its industry-leading optical innovations at the SC23 conference in Denver, equipping exhibitors and participants to run high-performance computing (HPC) applications and data-intensive experiments on research and education (R&E) networks around the world.
For SCinet, Ciena is providing 400GE links from the Colorado Convention Center to Los Angeles, Chicago, McLean, and the Lawrence Berkeley National Labs via its Waveserver 5 platform, powered by WaveLogic 5 Extreme coherent optics. Ciena is also using its 6500 Reconfigurable Line System (RLS) to extend wavelengths from the R&E optical backbone to the venue, as well as the 8112 coherent aggregation router for Layer 2 switching.
Ciena booth (#886) demonstrations:
- DYNAMOS: In cooperation with the University of Amsterdam, this demo reveals how sensitive data can be securely shared in an open, distributed infrastructure for use in digital marketplace environments.
- Optimizing Data Transfers Through Real-Time AI: In collaboration with UETN, iCAIR, and ESnet, this demo establishes real-time data transfer node (DTN) transmissions on the Ciena Environment for Network Innovation (CENI) testbed utilizing advanced analytics.
- Machine-Learning-Based Anomaly Detection on a Switch: This demo employs machine-learning-based techniques to understand the effectiveness of three anomaly detection models—binarized neural networks, decision tree, and Bloom filter—in the identification of network traffic and switching variances.
- WaveLogic 6: Ciena is also showcasing WaveLogic 6 Extreme (WL6e) and WaveLogic 6 Nano (WL6n), which set a new standard in coherent optics. WL6e enables up to 1.6Tb/s per wavelength and a 50% reduction in space and power per bit compared to the previous generation technology, while WL6n provides up to 800Gb/s links in a pluggable form factor.
For more information about Ciena’s participation at SC23 or to request a meeting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blog: Introducing WaveLogic 6: Another industry first from Ciena
- Video: Ciena’s WaveLogic 6: Another world-first
- Video: Modernize Your Photonic Line System with Ciena's Reconfigurable Line System (RLS)
- Insight: What is coherent routing?
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a global leader in networking systems, services, and software. We build the most adaptive networks in the industry, enabling customers to anticipate and meet ever-increasing digital demands. For three-plus decades, Ciena has brought our humanity to our relentless pursuit of innovation. Prioritizing collaborative relationships with our customers, partners, and communities, we create flexible, open, and sustainable networks that better serve all users—today and into the future. For updates on Ciena, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.