Ciena Accelerates Optical Innovation at OFC 2023
At OFC 2023, taking place March 5–9 at the San Diego Convention Center, Ciena will showcase its latest innovations in coherent technology, photonic layer evolution, and multi-layer automation and control at booth #3826 in Hall D. Ciena’s experts will be available to discuss how service providers can leverage new technologies to do more with less — less power, less space, and less cost — as they contend with escalating capacity and power efficiency needs.
Other Ciena highlights at OFC:
- Speaking sessions and panel discussions – Ciena’s experts are participating in many sessions throughout the conference; see here for the agenda
- Future of coherent networking demo (Ciena booth #3826) – introducing WaveLogic 6, designed to meet the networking requirements of the future with 1.6Tb/s while setting a new standard for power savings and performance gains
- Optical demos (Ciena booth #3826) – showcasing how to scale capacity and modernize the photonic layer with compact, integrated C&L-band ROADM, service evolution from wavelengths to spectrum, and hardened OTN solutions to extend OTN networking to the edge
- Routing and switching demos (Ciena booth #3826) – showing 400G Coherent Routing, weatherized PON, enterprise business security, vBNG, and more for simpler, scalable, and sustainable networks
- Intelligent network control and management demos (Ciena booth #3826) – illustrating multi-layer network visualization, software control, and new analytics apps to unlock more network capacity and accelerate converged IP/optical operations
- Professional services demos (Ciena booth #3826) – revealing how service providers can monetize stranded bandwidth and optimize for peak performance by defragmenting their optical spectrum
- OIF multi-vendor interoperability demo (OIF booth #5101) – demonstrating interoperability of 400ZR coherent pluggable and Common Management Interface Specification solutions
- Unconditional security of critical data with 800Gb/s quantum-secured communications demo (Ciena booth #3826 and ID Quantique booth #6012) – showcasing how quantum-secured optical channels enable operators to detect and defend against eavesdroppers across metro applications, including DCI
- Open ROADM demo (booth #6341) – exhibiting Open ROADM-compliant 400Gb/s interoperability via router-optimized QSFP-DD pluggables, expanding the range of Open ROADM applications to include converged IP/optical architectures
OIF Hosts Largest Ever Multi-Vendor Interoperability Demonstration of the Critical Solutions Accelerating Implementation of Next-Generation Capabilities at OFC 2023; Celebrates 25 Years of Interoperability Work
OIF will host its largest ever demonstration of multi-vendor interoperability at this year’s OFC 2023, March 7-9 in San Diego, CA, featuring four fundamental technology areas - 400ZR optics; Co-Packaging architectures; Common Electrical I/O (CEI) channels; and Common Management Interface Specification (CMIS) implementations. The demos will be both live and static at OIF’s booth, #5101. Additional information can be found at https://www.oiforum.com/meetings-events/oif-ofc-2023/
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a global leader in networking systems, services, and software. We build the most adaptive networks in the industry, enabling customers to anticipate and meet ever-increasing digital demands. For three-plus decades, Ciena has brought our humanity to our relentless pursuit of innovation. Prioritizing collaborative relationships with our customers, partners, and communities, we create flexible, open, and sustainable networks that better serve all users—today and into the future. For updates on Ciena, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, because of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual and quarterly reports filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.