Elevate your contribution at work. Stand apart from the competition. Enhance your technology skills.
Ciena's suite of Technology Certifications provides expertise for all levels of network professionals—from beginners to seasoned experts. Certifications are carefully designed to address selected technologies through a unique focus on the development of practical knowledge and skills related to the technology, not a vendor or product, allowing each student the pursuit of the certification level that matches their specific objectives—whatever network environment they work within.
Each curriculum has been carefully developed and tested to provide value to a range of professionals, from those who need a basic understanding of the technology and its applications, need to conduct network business cases, and those responsible for ultimately architecting network solutions.
Carrier Ethernet Certifications
As demand for faster communication and increased bandwidth rises, so does the need for high-speed network connection systems. For those charged with designing and implementing those solutions, Ciena offers the world’s first technology-based Carrier Ethernet certifications. As a pioneer in this technology, Ciena is the logical authority to offer a program that provides cutting-edge, industry-standard knowledge and skills to all levels of network professionals—from beginners to seasoned pros.
To help you pursue the certification level that matches your specific objectives, we offer a four-tiered approach. Each tier builds on the knowledge gained in the previous tier.
Fundamentals and theories behind Carrier EthernetRegister
How devices are deployed to support Carrier Ethernet servicesRegister
Network planning to determine what will meet a network solution need most effectivelyRegister
Design and proposition of architectural solutionsRegister
Optical Communications Certifications
As the need for faster communications and increased bandwidth rises, so does the need for high-speed optical communications, which has several benefits:
- Increased capacity
- Decreased costs
- Network simplification
- Extended infrastructure
- Support of emerging services
Ciena's Optical Communications Certification Program is technology-specific, not vendor-specific. To help you pursue the certification level that matches your specific objectives, we offer a four-tiered approach. Each certification tier is a full five days packed with all you need to truly master the technology. Plus, each tier is designed with specific job levels in mind and builds on the knowledge gained in the previous tier:
Fundamentals and conceptual theories behind optical communicationsRegister
How devices are deployed to support optical communicationsRegister
Optical network planning based on requirements and network capacityRegister
Design and proposition of architectural solutions for optical network applicationsRegister
Announcing Ciena’s latest Technology Certification
Developed in conjunction with JDSU, an industry-recognized leader in Test and Measurement Technology, Ciena’s Test and Measurement Technology Certification suite delivers the most cutting-edge knowledge and content available anywhere today.
Ciena’s Test and Measurement Technology Certification provides the latest technical knowledge and skills for anyone involved in installing, validating, testing, and troubleshooting today’s complex Carrier Ethernet and optical telecommunications networks. Ourcompanies have brought together a team of learning specialists and consultant engineers who have developed a comprehensive and customized instructional program—delivered according to customers’ own business and technical requirements, and industry standards.
Key values and benefits include:
- Strength of the certification program – bringing together the best of each company: Ciena’s cutting edge Carrier Ethernet and optical technologies, along with JDSU’s leadership in Test & Measurement.
- Offerings focused on Optical Testing and Carrier Ethernet Testing
- Is part of Ciena’s well established and industry leading certification program
- Ongoing SME support provided by JDSU
- Certification is offered through:
- Directly through Ciena’s Learning Solutions
- Ciena’s Global College Network
- Directly through JDSU
Ciena Technology Certification Exam Registration
Carrier Ethernet Exams
Optical Communications Exams
Cancellation Policy for Instructor-led and Virtual Instructor-led Training
- Cancellations must be received in writing (email accepted) by Ciena 10 business days or more prior to the course start date in order to avoid a penalty for aggregate costs incurred by Ciena.
- Cancellations received by Ciena within 6–9 business days of the course start date are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the price of the relevant training program.
- Cancellations received by Ciena within 5 business days of the course start date are subject to a cancellation fee equal to 100% of the price of the relevant training program.
- "No-shows" will be charged 100% of the paid per-seat price for any person not attending.
- Substitutions are permitted up to the start of the course if the purchase order is re-applied to the new student.
- Ciena reserves the right to reschedule courses with less than 6 students enrolled by the published registration deadline.
Cancellation Policy for Web-based Training
- Registrations are considered active once student is notified that Ciena has provided courseware access with instructions.