Integra Provides Enhanced Cloud Business Service Connectivity Powered by Ciena
Integra™, a provider of fiber-based, carrier-grade networking, communications and technology solutions, is deploying the latest advancements in Ciena® Corporation’s (NYSE: CIEN), converged packet optical portfolio to enhance its route that connects Salt Lake City to Sacramento. With Ciena’s recently announced WaveLogic Photonics capabilities, Integra can increase transport efficiency, dramatically reduce network latency and better support wide area networks, private and hybrid cloud infrastructures. The new degrees of software programmability enable Integra to go beyond traditional offerings by tailoring its services, such as diverse path protection in addition to low latency, for datacenter, enterprise, government and wholesale carrier application demands.
- Integra is one of the largest facilities-based providers of communication and networking services in the western United States, connecting businesses of all sizes in 35 metropolitan markets. Integra owns and operates an enterprise-class network consisting of a 6,400-mile long-haul fiber-optic network, 3,000 miles of metropolitan fiber and a nationwide IP/MPLS network.
- With high-performance capacity of 100G per wavelength, this route is supported by Ciena’s 6500 Packet-Optical Platform, including WaveLogic 3 Coherent Optical Processors and Smart Raman with PinPoint advanced fiber analytics software. Ciena’s WaveLogic Photonics capabilities allow Integra to simply and quickly deploy high-capacity services across the 1400 km route without regeneration, bypassing numerous huts while reducing latency, power, and space requirements.
- To monitor its network, Integra will utilize both Ciena’s Smart Raman with PinPoint software and OneControl Unified Management System. Through the use of integrated OTDR traces, PinPoint enables quick and controlled service turn-up of photonic services and precise localization of fiber faults, which accelerates repair time from days to hours. OneControl will be used for full service lifecycle management from low-touch service activation and end-to-end visibility for comprehensive service assurance to ensure that Integra can efficiently meet all end-customer service level agreements (SLAs).
- “This new fiber route is a strategic asset for us at Integra, so we incorporated Ciena’s packet-optical solutions to help us get more value out of the network. With Ciena’s WaveLogic Photonics capabilities we now have greater visibility into our network than before, supporting service responsiveness and enhancing our competitive advantage.”
- Michael Sharpe, senior vice president, operations, Integra
- “Network operators like Integra rely on advanced networking solutions and software programmability to quickly adapt their networks to changing user and business demands. We are pleased to continue supporting Integra in its effort to efficiently grow its network and provide high-quality services to its end-users.”
- Jason Phipps, general manager and vice president, North American field operations, Ciena
- Product Brochure: Increasing Competitive Intelligence with Ciena’s WaveLogic Photonics
- Product Overview: WaveLogic Photonics
- Product Overview: 6500 Packet-Optical Platform
- Product Overview: OneControl Unified Management System
Integra™ provides facilities-based communications and network services to enterprises, small and mid-sized businesses, government agencies and carriers throughout the western United States, with nationwide and international connectivity delivered via a robust IP/MPLS network. Integra’s vast, privately owned network connects customers to 6,400 miles of long-haul fiber optic infrastructure and 3,000 miles of metro fiber across 35 cities in 11 states, and its Ethernet-over-copper infrastructure extends ubiquitous Ethernet access to more than 460,000 business locations. Customers trust Integra for secure, reliable, low-latency solutions to power high-bandwidth cloud services, data center connectivity and the applications that drive their success. Integra’s services are backed by hands-on support and strong service level agreements. For more information, visit www.integratelecom.com.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-Q, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 7, 2014. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.