Ciena to Showcase Blue Planet Software at SDN & OpenFlow World Congress
Visitors to the SDN & OpenFlow World Congress, taking place from 12 to 16 October in Düsseldorf, Germany, will have the opportunity to meet with Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) and see first-hand how its Blue Planet network orchestration software can help providers expand their businesses by accelerating the delivery of innovative on-demand services. Ciena will show how Blue Planet software can orchestrate, manage, and automate the service lifecycle from end-to-end across both the physical and virtual domains. Ciena experts will also participate in speaking sessions throughout the event.
Demonstration (stand # 30):
- Blue Planet Multi-Domain Service Orchestration Use Case – This demo will give an overview of how Blue Planet software streamlines automation of the network service lifecycle across multi-vendor and multi-domain environments. It will highlight how software defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), open APIs and advanced information models provide a vendor-agnostic and programmable software platform that is highly customizable, allowing network operators to adopt a software-centric approach to service delivery and network operations.
- October 13, 14:30 p.m. (NFV Forum) – Abel Tong, Senior Director of Solutions Marketing at Ciena, will discuss “Leveraging a Micro-Services Architecture to Deploy a More Agile and Scalable Software Defined Network” during the forum.
- October 13, 17:35 p.m. (NFV Forum) – Recep Ozdag, Senior Director at Ciena, will take part in the “Building the Ecosystem for NFV, Impact of Open Source” panel debate.
- October 13, 17:35 p.m. (SDN + NFV Revenue & Application Forum) – Abel Tong will debate “Speeding the adoption rate of NFV, how to straighten the path?” on a joint panel.
- October 14, 09:30 a.m. (Plenary Session) – Joe Marsella, CTO of EMEA at Ciena, will present “The convergence of management and orchestration.” The plenary session will address how modern concepts and building blocks enable scalability to realize the full potential of virtualization.
- October 14, 14:45 p.m. (SDN + NFV Revenue, Applications and MANO Forum) – Recep Ozdag will speak about “Overcoming NFVO Challenges and Boosting Performance with Standard Information Models.”
- October 14, 17:30 p.m. (SDN + NFV Infrastructure Forum) – Abel Tong will discuss “Managing Controller diversity: One Controller to rule them all?” during the panel debate session.
- October 15, 11:35 a.m. (SDN + NFV Innovation Forum) – Lyndon Ong, Principal Network Architect and Technical Fellow at Ciena, and Chair of the Optical Transport Working Group for the Open Networking Foundation, will participate in the Transport SDN Deployment Toolbox session discussing “SDN Framework and APIs.”
- October 15, 13:00 p.m. (Lunchtime Debating Table) – Lyndon Ong will moderate an open debate session.
Ciena’s Blue Planet division is leading the industry into a new era of truly open, software-defined, multi-vendor networks. Blue Planet software helps customers automate services – from creation to orchestration to delivery – across both physical and virtual domains. This reduces operational costs by abstracting network complexity and drives greater competitive advantage through a level of service programmability that was previously unachievable.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-Q, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on September 9, 2015. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.