Ciena Showcases Open and Virtualized Solutions at MEF16
Attendees at MEF16, which takes place November 7-10 in Baltimore, Maryland, will hear from Ciena® (NYSE: CIEN) senior executives and see demonstrations highlighting how Ciena’s latest innovations provide new levels of programmability and agility to create new opportunities for profitable services. Ciena’s booth (#510) will showcase how Blue Planet drives end-to-end service deployments across both physical and virtual domains; its packet networking solutions grow revenue and limit costs when offering high-bandwidth services; and how with distributed NFV operators can choose best-of-breed technologies to deliver highly-competitive virtualized network services.
Proof-of-Concept (PoC) Showcase (MEF16 Networking Hall):
- Multi-vendor Service Orchestration Using Open APIs for Service Activation, Performance Monitoring and NFV – Will demonstrate the orchestration of performance management and Carrier Ethernet service activation across an SDN and NFV-enabled multi-vendor WAN. Conducted by CenturyLink in cooperation with Ciena, RAD, and Ciena’s Blue Planet division, this PoC showcases the CenturyLink-led, open-source and multi-vendor initiative to develop APIs and Resource Adapters within the MEF LSO framework to automate the end-to-end delivery of agile, assured, and orchestrated Carrier Ethernet and NFV-based services.
Demonstrations (Booth 510):
- Multi-Domain Service Orchestration (MDSO) across third party technology – This demonstration will showcase Blue Planet’s orchestration capabilities and how it enables end-to-end service provisioning and orchestration across third party equipment and domains.
- NFV orchestration capabilities – In this demonstration, Blue Planet NFV Orchestration (NFVO) will manage and automate the virtual network functions (VNF) lifecycle, intelligently orchestrating VNFs, such as a virtual firewall, across data centers.
Ciena executives and technical experts will participate in sessions and speaking panels throughout the conference.
- November 7 at 1:45 p.m. ET – John Hawkins, Senior Advisor, Product and Technical Marketing and MEF Certification Committee Co-Chair will conduct a preconference workshop on the “Evolution of Services, Technology, & Professional Certification.”
- November 8 at 12:10 p.m. ET – Abel Tong, Director of Blue Planet Marketing at Ciena, will participate as a panel member during the “Assembling the LSO, SDN & NFV Puzzle to Deliver Virtual Network Services” technology innovation roundtable.
- November 9:
- 11:00 a.m. ET - Steve Alexander, Senior Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, will present a Plenary Keynote.
- 12:25 p.m. ET – Raghu Ranganathan, Principal & Distinguished Engineer, Office of CTO, will participate in “The Open Networking Phenomenon” industry debate.
- 3:45 p.m. ET – John Hawkins will present on “Best Practices with NFV & vCPE Deployments.”
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is a network strategy and technology company. We translate best-in-class technology into value through a high-touch, consultative business model – with a relentless drive to create exceptional experiences measured by outcomes. For updates on Ciena, follow us on Twitter @Ciena, LinkedIn, the Ciena Insights blog, or visit www.ciena.com.
Note to Ciena Investors
You are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements that are based on our current expectations, forecasts, information and assumptions. These statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results or outcomes may differ materially from those stated or implied, as a result of risks and uncertainties, including those detailed in our most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding our expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies and can be identified by words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.