Ciena Receives Business Continuity Management System Certification
Validating the ability to guarantee continuous business operations during a major disruption or natural disaster, Ciena ® (NYSE: CIEN) was recently awarded ISO 22301 certification for its International Business Continuity Management System (BCMS). Designed to certify resilience in managing business disruptions and other unexpected events, ISO 22301 stipulates demanding requirements for implementing, operating, maintaining and improving a business continuity management systems (BCMS).
- Ciena received its ISO 22301:2012 certification from the British Standards Institution (BSI), an independent, impartial third party that helps organizations manage risk, performance and sustainability activities that transform best practices into habits of excellence.
- The ISO 22301 standard, released in 2012, provides an internationally accepted standard for BCMS to meet the needs of the global industry. To receive the certification, Ciena participated in a series of audits and provided a documented plan/procedure describing how the organization would respond and handle a business disruption.
- Ciena has a corporate incident management structure and business continuity plans for critical functions occurring throughout the enterprise. In response to customer demand, these plans are designed to ensure Ciena is prepared to continue its core business operations—including product design, manufacture, delivery, and customer service—in the event of a significant business disruption to fulfill customer expectations.
- In addition to the ISO 22301 certification, Ciena is also certified to TL9000/ISO 9001:2008 and OHSAS 18001, which contain disaster recovery and emergency preparedness elements.
- “Receiving the ISO 22301 certification from BSI highlights our ability to effectively deliver on all customer commitments even during a business disruption. It is also another example of Ciena’s customer-first philosophy and high-touch approach to customer relationships, which continue to be strategic differentiators and drivers of our success.”
- James Moylan, Senior Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
- “By earning ISO 22301 certification, Ciena is further demonstrating its commitment to making its company more resilient and leading by example. By formalizing their Business Continuity Management System and using ISO 22301 as an extra set of eyes, Ciena will be able to improve quality of services as well as customer satisfaction and remain at the cutting edge of their industry.”
- Todd VanderVen, President, BSI Group Americas
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the business standards company that equips businesses with the necessary solutions to turn standards of best practice into habits of excellence. Formed in 1901, BSI is the UK National Standards Body and a founding member of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Over a century later it continues to facilitate business improvement across the globe by helping its clients drive performance, manage risk and grow sustainably through the adoption of international management systems standards, many of which BSI originated. Renowned for its marks of excellence including the consumer recognized BSI Kitemark™, BSI’s influence spans multiple sectors including Aerospace, Automotive, Built Environment, Food, Healthcare and ICT. With over 80,000 clients in 172 countries, BSI is an organization whose standards inspire excellence across the globe. To find out more, please visit: www.bsigroup.com
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/company/ciena. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-Q, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on June 10, 2015. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.