Ciena Brings Latest Web-Scale Solutions to OFC 2016
Attendees of OFC 2016, scheduled March 20-24 at the Anaheim Convention Center, will have the opportunity to see how Ciena®’s (NYSE: CIEN) web-scale networking solutions and Blue Planet software can help service providers rollout new services, deliver ultra-high bandwidth, and maximize revenue. Ciena’s booth (#2673) and FutureLab will feature a variety of Ciena innovations, including the new 6500 T-Series platform, WaveserverTM DCI platform, Emulation Cloud™, and Blue Planet software. Ciena executives and technical experts will also participate in technical sessions, workshops and speaking panels throughout the event.
The following will be featured at Ciena’s booth #2673:
- Full network convergence at new levels of scale with the 6500 T-Series platform, demonstrating how it efficiently addresses next generation metro and regional requirements by extending the flexibility and programmability of Ciena’s market-leading 6500 to new, higher density, multi-Terabit shelf configurations.
- Emulation Cloud™ showing how it helps accelerate deployments by allowing service providers and third party developers to create, test and fine-tune customized applications without hardware investment.
- Blue Planet Multi-Domain Service Orchestration software capabilities, including the ability to streamline the creation, automation and delivery of services across physical and virtual domains.
- WaveLogic 3 Extreme coherent chipset advancements featuring 4D-8QAM modulation on both the 6500 and Waveserver platforms, showcasing innovative multi-dimensional coding techniques that improve system reach in addition to increasing traffic carrying capacity per wavelength.
- The industry’s first 100G/200G optical encryption solution with WaveLogic Encryption, featuring the simple-to-deploy MyCryptoTool dedicated end-user management portal that provides full control and remote access of all security parameters to the end customer.
- Ciena’s PinPoint Portal software that increases service provider productivity by providing intuitive visualization of the network and clear localization of fiber faults, down to the street address.
In addition, Ciena is participating in the following joint demonstrations:
- Ciena’s Waveserver will be featured in the ONOS Proof-of-Concept Enterprise CORD demo (booth #3758), which will show how on-demand WAN connectivity services benefit both enterprises and service providers. This demonstration consists of two emulated CORD (Central Office Re-architected as a Datacenter) sites, where Waveserver acts as the controllable transponder, and the ONOS open source SDN Controller uses the Waveserver open REST API to set up wavelengths and support the interconnection of CORD sites. Waveserver integration with the ONOS controller is made possible with the Ciena Emulation Cloud, which provides a virtual development and testing environment for the ONOS team to build new applications without any equipment installation.
- Ciena and OFS (booth #2673 and #2633) will show new efficiencies in DCI networking leveraging Ciena’s WaveserverTM and OFS’ TerawaveTM ULL fiber, that enable service providers to deploy a simpler network, with fewer hardware elements, and maximize capacity over any distance.
Key Speaking Sessions:
- 9:30 a.m. PT – Jim Brinksma, Vice President, Strategy & Business Development, Blue Planet Division, will participate in the “SDN & White Boxes: The Recipe for Unicorns or Niches and Profitless Promise?” panel.
- 1:30 p.m. PT – Maurice O’Sullivan, Senior Director Systems Engineering, will present in the “Nascent Line-Side Modem Solutions for High-Capacity Optical Networks” session.
- 4:00 p.m. PT – David Boertjes, Senior Advisor Photonics Research and Development, will participate in the “Network Evolution: from Integrated Super-channels to High-speed Single Carrier Networking Solutions” session.
- 11:30 a.m. PT – Lyndon Ong, Principal Engineer, Office of the CTO, will participate in the “Carrier Grade SDN” panel.
- 12:00 p.m. PT – Steve Alexander, Chief Technology Officer, will discuss “White Box Optical Transport: What’s the right approach?” during a special session for registered press and analysts.
- 4:00 p.m. PT – Abel Tong, Senior Director Solutions Marketing, Blue Planet Division, will present the “LSO Progress Report: Multi-Operator Carrier Ethernet Service Orchestration from Months to Minutes” keynote.
- 1:00 p.m. PT – Michel Belanger, Director Systems Engineering, will present as part of the “Flexible Modulation or Flexible Bandwidth, Which One Comes First” panel.
For a full list of speaker sessions, visit http://www.ciena.com/connect/ofc-2016/.
Ciena (NYSE: CIEN) is the network specialist. We collaborate with customers worldwide to unlock the strategic potential of their networks and fundamentally change the way they perform and compete. Ciena leverages its deep expertise in packet and optical networking and distributed software automation to deliver solutions in alignment with its OPn architecture for next-generation networks. We enable a high-scale, programmable infrastructure that can be controlled and adapted by network-level applications, and provide open interfaces to coordinate computing, storage and network resources in a unified, virtualized environment. For updates on Ciena news, follow us on Twitter @Ciena or on LinkedIn. Investors are encouraged to review the Investors section of our website at www.ciena.com/investors, where we routinely post press releases, SEC filings, recent news, financial results, and other announcements. From time to time we exclusively post material information to this website along with other disclosure channels that we use.
Note to Ciena Investors
Forward-looking statements. This press release contains certain forward-looking statements based on current expectations, forecasts and assumptions that involve risks and uncertainties. These statements are based on information available to the Company as of the date hereof; and Ciena's actual results could differ materially from those stated or implied, due to risks and uncertainties associated with its business, which include the risk factors disclosed in its Report on Form 10-Q, which Ciena filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on March 9, 2016. Forward-looking statements include statements regarding Ciena's expectations, beliefs, intentions or strategies regarding the future and can be identified by forward-looking words such as "anticipate," "believe," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "should," "will," and "would" or similar words. Ciena assumes no obligation to update the information included in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.